Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trouble with tresspasser >

Trouble with tresspasser

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trouble with tresspasser

Old 10-21-2006, 08:45 PM

Default RE: Trouble with tresspasser

Loosen the strap at the top of the stand. It probably won't fall until he gets a pretty good ways up. Don't loosen it all the way, make sure it doesn't tumble. But it would probably scare him to death.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cut the tree down.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 PM

If you just want to spoil the stand for him, secretly,,, go to a pool supply store, and get some chlorine tablets for pools.. They make some that are small about 1 inch diameter pellets, to put into the floating dispensers in swimming pools. Simply go to the stand and spread them all the way around the stand about 50 yards out, and the more you put out the better. If you dare,, take a small sniff of these,, they smell exactly like very strong bleach, it burns your nose and eyes to smell it, imagine what it does to the sensitive noses of deer, they wont come anywhere near it, and they are small enough, you can put lots out and he will probably never see them. Good luck with it,, let us know how it works..lol
Old 10-21-2006, 09:24 PM

Get your self a big bag of POO, go out to the stand, AND STARTING AT THE TOP OF THE LADDER OR STEPS apply liberally and work your way down..... He gets there in the dark, climbs up wipes his hans on the stand , his clothes, himself ( hoping hisface is always itchey in the a.m. ) ... etc..... you get the picture. He winds up with POO all over himself and everything else. And hopefully he will not notice the smell until it starts getting light and sees something all over himself. Then he can smell it all he wants to see what it is.....LOL

That my friends would be a KODAK MOMENT...LOL

God Bless ( and forgive ) me and my brother hunters.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:26 PM

See if you can get your hands on some blood and spray that around. My pops is a contractor for the forest service and he sprays it on trees and the deer leave the place alone!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:40 PM

Bleach. One bottle of bleach kept them off my friend's farm for a month and a half! He had the same problem. At the same time, put an Ultimate Scrape dripper above him, then when he gets in the stand, he'll have doe pee all over him. Better yet, fill it with Active Scrape, this includes both genders' urine and secretions (fecal matter ). Put some Vaseline on the ladder to about five foot high, so if he happens to make it farther he doesn't kill himself. Last but not least, after all of the above, my friend's piece of advice: when you find someone else's stand (or in your case, your stand being used by someone else) around where you hunt, climb up there after liberally applying cologne, and crap on the platform AND seat of the stand. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

Stack as many empty soda/beer cans on the stand as you can. That will make alot of noise if he doesn't notice them when he starts to climb and if he does, well thats alot of time to quietly take them down and get them out of sight. I would also put a bucket full of water on top of them just to make it funnier. No harm done but would really tick him off. Plus it will only temperarily scare off the deer unlike bad odors that way you can come back to this place later and be OK.
Brandon
Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Hereare acouple ofsuggestions...

1. Paint the entire stand fluorescent orange.
[8D]

2. Brush gobs of pine tar all over the stand and tree.

BUT..to be honest with ya..I know all about paperwork.I'm a teacher. I would have the man arrested. Why mess up a good hunting spot. The man is wrong, Do your job . You will help him more by making him responsible for his actions. Don't stoop down to his level..I'm sure you got finger prints.
Just my 2 cents...
c7
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Fork Horn

If you could get some mercaptan like butyl mercaptan, methyl mercaptan or benzothiophene and put it in the stand, nothing within 50 yards will want to be near that stand. All it would take is a small rag and pour about 100 mls on the rag while in the stand and then run. These mercaptans are what is used in natural gas as the odorizer, but this is the pure chemical. Of course I am not sure where you could get some, but since I am a research chemist, I have access to it and have used it before for a similar application. The butyl mercaptan, methyl mercaptan along with sulfuric acid are what skunks spray so you can really make a stink.

You could also put a digital hunting camera in a place where he can't see it and have it facing the stand in a way so you get pictures of him getting into your stand. Then you have evidence and can show him the pictures and tell him you will file charges if he does it again. Or you could just go file charges with the photos. Or maybe you could scare him by getting a local peace officer to contact him and say there is an investigation and have him show the pictures. Then leave it at that.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Spike

I WOULD GO TO THE LOCAL DOLLAR STORE OR SOME PLACE CHEAP AND BUY 3 OR 4 ALARM CLOCKS. THEN SET THEM AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND SET THEM ALL AROUND THE STAND. MAKE SURE ONE OF THEM IS SET FOR FIRST LIGHT. I USED THIS METHOD ON MY HUNTING PROPERTY LAST YEAR. I HAD A HOT SPOT ALL BAITED UP AND READY TO GO FOR SHOTGUN.I KILLED A NICE BUCK THERE IN MUZZLELOADER AND THE ADJACENT PROPERTY OWNER CAME IN AND PUT A CLIMBER 5YDS INSIDE THE EDGE OF THE FENCE ROW. I WAS SEEING 10 OR MORE DEER THERE A NIGHT. MOSTLY DOE ANDTHEN THE BUCKS WOULD COME LAST. I AM SURE HE NEVER WAITED LONG ENUFF FOR THEM. I WAS GONNA WAIT UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK TO HUNT THE SPOT WHEN I HEARD THE BLASTING. HE SHOT 2 DAYS IN A ROW. MULTIPLE TIMES. AFTER I STRATEGICLY PLACED THE CLOCKS HE MOVED HIS CLIMBER AND I HAVENT SEEN HIM SINCE.

Quick Reply: Trouble with tresspasser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.