Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trouble with tresspasser >

Trouble with tresspasser

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trouble with tresspasser

Old 10-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trouble with tresspasser

I gotta remember not to pi$$ any of you guys off.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've read alot of tactics herefor ruining a good stand, not sure if they work or not but it is funny.

One thing I know does work for sure is getting busted in the stand! Hunt out of it a few times and everytime you have deer approach, wave your arms, scream like hell, and scare the living crap out of them. I guarantee that stand will be as useful as a screen door on a submarine!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to leave a sign. Tell them that it isnot thier property and that it is going to be getting very ugly if they decide to continue.Are they hunting fromyour stand?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Bambeklr

I WOULD GO TO THE LOCAL DOLLAR STORE OR SOME PLACE CHEAP AND BUY 3 OR 4 ALARM CLOCKS. THEN SET THEM AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND SET THEM ALL AROUND THE STAND. MAKE SURE ONE OF THEM IS SET FOR FIRST LIGHT. I USED THIS METHOD ON MY HUNTING PROPERTY LAST YEAR. I HAD A HOT SPOT ALL BAITED UP AND READY TO GO FOR SHOTGUN.I KILLED A NICE BUCK THERE IN MUZZLELOADER AND THE ADJACENT PROPERTY OWNER CAME IN AND PUT A CLIMBER 5YDS INSIDE THE EDGE OF THE FENCE ROW. I WAS SEEING 10 OR MORE DEER THERE A NIGHT. MOSTLY DOE ANDTHEN THE BUCKS WOULD COME LAST. I AM SURE HE NEVER WAITED LONG ENUFF FOR THEM. I WAS GONNA WAIT UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK TO HUNT THE SPOT WHEN I HEARD THE BLASTING. HE SHOT 2 DAYS IN A ROW. MULTIPLE TIMES. AFTER I STRATEGICLY PLACED THE CLOCKS HE MOVED HIS CLIMBER AND I HAVENT SEEN HIM SINCE.
HAHA! now that would certainly be surprising to the un-suspecting
Old 10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are creative thats for sure. I like the poo on the steps idea and the alarm clock idea is fantastic.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

How about VICK'S MENTHOL RUB, oil base , you know the sticky stuff mom put on us older guys ,

Old 10-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have a buddy that has seen very few deer no matter where he hunts. I know he has ruined a couple spots that I have put him in. Not sure how but he does it. I would be willing to rent him out to you for a small fee as long as you don't tell him why he is there. Don't want to kill his spirit.

Really if you want to ruin and area just frequent it as often as you can.Walk around and touch evrything you can. A little aftershave around the stand. Otherwise just take the stand out. Nothing worse then getting tosomeone elses stand that you intend to hunt without permissionit not being there.Good Luck
Old 10-23-2006, 12:25 PM

If its a good spot and you like hunting it,i would just do away with the ladder stand altogether ..When i got ready to hunt it ,I would take my climbin stand and be done with it.But more than likely hes not hunting out of your stand at all probably close by ,and he just wants to discourage you enough that you want come back.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:31 PM

I would remove the stand all together and leave a note on the tree. Don't ruin the area for yourself too.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Well folks after much deliberation the top 3 choices are : 1- VICK's menthol rub ( because of it's smell and it's oil base texture, it will stay there forever. Rub it under the botom of the stand and on the back side of every tree 50 yards in circumference. 2- fabric sheets ( their pretty smell) 3 - IVORY soap, carve up 4 bars into slivers and spread generously. Let me know which one you choose? Thanks for the ideas.

Quick Reply: Trouble with tresspasser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.