Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Most exciting bow hunt yet.Still came up empty though. >

Most exciting bow hunt yet.Still came up empty though.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most exciting bow hunt yet.Still came up empty though.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Most exciting bow hunt yet.Still came up empty though.

Well, I'm a believer in Scent Killer. I sprayed myself real good and my stand. Literally 5 minutes after I was in my stand a bunch of hogs were literaaly under my stand. The place I thought was a deer bed was a wallowing hole for hogs. It had deer tracks init but I found myself a honey hole for hogs.

About 7:00 still kind of dark a 40 pound hog appears in front of me to my right 2:00 position. I'm sittingMy knees are shaking and so are my hands. I draw back about 1/3 because with a 31" draw it's impossible to draw back sitting when the shot is on your right. My knees were shaking so bad I could hardly stand .When I did the little hog disappeared quietly in some Boston ferns. One hour later I heard noise to myleft 10:00 position,beside the wallowing hole. I stood. and was ready freddy. This time i was offered no shot. The 90 pound sow stayed in th ethick stuff.

WOW Scent killer is awesome. Actually tomorrow is th elast day. I'll be there. Thanks for the info on the scents. I'm going to Walmart to buy some baking soda to wash my clothes in,,and buy another headlamp.2nd one this season. I always forget and slide them down my shirt. I scouted the entire bayhead out and the light slipped out. My place looks like the best spot in the entire bayhead. I aint sharing that spot.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Most exciting bow hunt yet.Still came up empty though.

I ran into another more experienced hunter this morning at the gate. He said when you find the wallowing holes stay there.The hogs will frequent that spot daily. It keeps there skin from cracking up and drying out. I showed him the blowing in the can tip.He was very impressed. Neither of us gave our spots away and we were both relieved we were going down 2 separate roads. After I bring my stand home tomorrow I planto remove my trail tacks. I found no signs of man ...and I want to keep it that way.
C7
Old 10-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome Chuck. what state are you in?
No wild pigs in MA so i have no experience there. Good luck tomorrow.

Jim
Old 10-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Jim,
I just got done climbing in my son's old tree fort . I was going to stand but changed my mind. It's been 13 years since I built it. So I shot from the sitting position to see if I would have missed my hog.Shooting right on the mark so I guess I'm ready for tomorrow. I'm from central Florida Jim. There is always plenty of rooting . However; it looks like if you find a wallowing hole your in good shape. It's been very dry here this year. I also found a nice fresh pile of deer droplings.
Good luck to you,
C7