Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jumping deer

Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Jumping deer

Hey all whats up, say I am wondering about having jumped a deer, I found a really good spot with a tree rub and a big ground scrape with dropping in it! So I put my stand up in there yesterday so i didnt spook him today when going in, well it was windy and rainy all day So by 230I was soaked like you wouldnt believe even with rain gear on, Man those suits are warm, but anyway when I got down from the tree I took a short walk to check a couple scrapes I made after changing into dry clothswhere I made a couple ground scrapes and a nice trail with a drag rag on the way to my stand Well I walked about 30 yards and low and befold I saw white and waving, dam didt realize he was that close a god size deer no less, how ever my question to everyone is would it be worth going in there tommrow or picking a new spot. do you guys usually stay away from an area for a few days if you jump a deer or do you still hunt it and have sucess?? Thanks for all replies
John
Old 10-20-2006, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Jumping deer

I would wait a couple days I've tried hunting the same place the next day and haven't had much luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

John, give it a day or two and hunt there again. Why didn't your rain gear keep you dry? That's no way to hunt, being wet. You need gear that is water "proof" not water resistant! Good luck.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thaks for the info, as far as the rain gear getting wet it was Because it was warm and humid before the cold frnt came in this morning so I was all sweaty. otherwise it works great it jusat doesnt breath well so with temps over 50 you sweat like crazy