Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tracking and Lights >

Tracking and Lights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracking and Lights

Old 10-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Default Tracking and Lights

Has anyone used the Gerber tracking light?? Used coleman lantern on a couple tracks in previous years and would invest inthe Gerber lightif it caused blood to stand out as it claims. Nice to have in fanny pack if its worth a crap. While on light subject has anyone used multi led light if so are they worth the trouble. How about the green light that does not spook game. I think made by streamlight. Seems gimmicky to me but very open minded to new products to tip the odds. I use a regular mini mag light now. Any input on this?????????
Old 10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tracking and Lights

The Gerber light does work as long as it is not raining. We used it the other day and it was fine until the rain started harder and the blood didn't stand out as clear. The LED lights seem to be brighter thanthe standard lights and more compact. My regular flashlight is bright enough for me so I won't rush out to buy a LED light but if I need a new light I probably would buy one.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:05 PM

Default RE: Tracking and Lights

Basically, it has to be dry with a drop of blood bigger than a pin dot. It does make it glow, but it won't make it jump out like the picture shows (note that in the picture, the leaves are black and white, but the blood looks fiber optic!!). If it's raining, everything will look like blood.