Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 What color is your blood tracking lights >

What color is your blood tracking lights

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What color is your blood tracking lights

Old 08-23-2007, 09:22 PM

Default What color is your blood tracking lights

what do you use to find blood on the ground?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What color is your blood tracking lights

In the past I've used incandesent bulb flashlights (LED's suck ass). And when blood gets thin, I use a propane lantern. The light off that lantern seems to reflect blood better than anything I've used to date.

I am interested it this new Gerber Carnivore light I see advertised. If it works as well as advertised, I would pay $45 for it. Saw it in Sportsmans Guide fot that price.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Gerber Carnivore,well worth the money in my poinion...
Old 08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Spike

I use a propane lantern. It puts out a bunch of light and makes the blood easy to see.

tylertool.com has the carnivore lights for $36.72 and the headlamp for $28.08, on sale.

I did a post in the deer hunting section about this light. Only got a few responses,but majority said it wasn`t worth the $. On another web site, the guys said they liked it. Who knows?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have heard good and bad things about the gerber light....i might give it a shot this season!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

I had a gerber last year, but have lost it. No great loss in my opinion. I used it on blood in the field and on a "test" at home and neither impressed me at all. The technology behind it is probably heading in the right direction, but Gerber has not found the solution yet...again, in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM

Good Ol coleman lantern.Just can't beat um.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mcraddock

In the past I've used incandesent bulb flashlights (LED's suck ass). And when blood gets thin, I use a propane lantern. The light off that lantern seems to reflect blood better than anything I've used to date.

I am interested it this new Gerber Carnivore light I see advertised. If it works as well as advertised, I would pay $45 for it. Saw it in Sportsmans Guide fot that price.
The Gerber Carivore is a waste of money. I shot a deer in the goodies last year with a Rocket Hammerhead. It left a blood trail the size of a small creek. I used this light just to test it out for tracking. I wanted to see how good it was. I was with 2 other people also interested to see if the light was any good. It comes with 2 lights. The White light and the multi-colored blood tracking light. When we turned it on, the blood tracking light did reflect the blood pretty decent, but was nothing compared to when we switched on the White light.

IMO, a very bright white light(not a cheap yellow light) is the way to go. You don't need to spend the extra money for the "blood tracking" multi-color light. It's a gimick. I think anything with multiple white LEDs should be good.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:38 PM

I have a Carnivore light and to me a white light works better, I agree completely with what he ^^^ says.
Maybe the Carnivore works better for older people with bad eyesight? I like my Streamlight Strion, it's a compact rechargeable lithium light.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Defenitely dont waste your money on the Gerber.

Quick Reply: What color is your blood tracking lights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.