Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Backyard Bucks, 2006 Edition >

Backyard Bucks, 2006 Edition

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backyard Bucks, 2006 Edition

Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Backyard Bucks, 2006 Edition

Some of you may remember my annual posts of the bucks I see in my back yard. So I thought I would get this post started. All of the video has been taken out of my office window and all the bucks have been within 40 yards of my treestand.

Keep in mind these are all screen captures off a video so sometimes the quality is not that great depending on light and other conditions.

9-26-06
Apeears to be an nice 8 maybe a 9. Some of the video looks like the right beam has a 5th point out near the end.

10-15-06
The smaller buck is an 8. I'm pretty sure I will pass on him and let him grow. The second buck is much bigger bodied and looks like he broke off his right main beam about half way out losing a point. the left side has a non matching point between what I would score the G1 and G2. You an see it best in the last picture. Looks like a sibling of the buck in the first picture.

They fed for a while and then sparred a bit. I haveabout 10 minutes of video of these 2. What was interesting was that they would push around and then the smaller one would lick the bigger bucks forehead. Then they would go at it again and he would do the same. Never saw bucks do that before.

10-17-06
Here's a 7 point that spent about a half hour eating by my stand today. Sat in the office chair and watched while I was on the phone.

Here's a view out the back door. The blue you see is the chains on my kids swing set.

I also have video of the buck from last year (or at least I am pretty sure it is the same one. He had busted off an anter but the left side looks the same.) Sorry for the odd looking picture. The morning I video taped him it was extremely foggy so I adjusted the color to get a better look at him.

I'll update this post as I get more. I think my team (Tree Huggers) is just waiting for me to be posing behind one of these guys.

Enjoy.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:55 PM

Default RE: Backyard Bucks, 2006 Edition

My girlfriend and I were looking to moving to cranberry from VA but plans fell through. Looks like there are some nice deer up there. My buddy has always hunted washington county and tells stories of some monsters he put up on a drive.....maybe they are true
Old 10-17-2006, 02:54 PM

Nice shots..... Lord knows I would never get anything done if I had deer like that outside my window.

Thanks for letting me peek into your world.

God Bless

Old 10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would never be able to work...
Old 10-17-2006, 04:43 PM

I think you should move your office to a box blind. or just open the window?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Obviously you don't have any dogs, because, the deer around here
circle around where my dogs are elec. fenced in. Outside that area
is fair game to them. {75 yards out the back door}
Old 10-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is hard to wrk this time of the year. My boss is really understanding about it now. He knows I work a lot of 10+ hours days throughout the year so he's flexible during October/November.

Everything is wireless in my house, just haven't tried to see if I can get a connection in the treestand. If I can, I'd spend all day out there.

As for a dog, yes, I have a Yellow Lab that runs all over. The deer don't seem to mind her smell anymore. I've seen her walk down the yard and they stand in the exact spots where some of these pictures are taken and just watch her walk by. they rub up the trees that I plant in the middle of the yard.[:@] The adapt well.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Pops, If you need any help with those pesky bucks that rub your trees just givea yell. I'm here in Coraopolis and the bow and camo are always in my car.