Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do you think >

what do you think

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you think

Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what do you think

i have got a nice buck coming in to one of my favorite stands located on an oak ridge leading down to a creek and has a corn feild on the edge, what puzzles me is the fact this deer is coming in with a doe what do you think is the cause for this i thought most were in batchlor groups right now the only thing i can think of is the fact his mom was killed and he was never kicked out
Old 09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what do you think

Heck...who knows. It's nature. Nothing surprises me half the time. lol
Old 09-28-2006, 09:17 PM

Button buck maybe?? Who cares really, hunt the wind and vapor lock that bad boy!!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am assuming you mean button buck? If so then maybe he is a young deer and he is just hanging out with what he think he might be getting lucky with until a bigger boy pushes him out again. After the corn is picked and they change there food patter, they might not be there for long, shoot the doe and let him grow.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Bachelor groups should be starting to branch off now. Chances are they arent "travelling together" there just in sync meeting in a staging area before the "others" arrive. [8D]
Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 PM

That really isn't that rare. I've seen "bachelor" groups with asmany as 12-14 bucks and also 3-4 does in the same group. This year, on several occasions, I have witnessed a doe, running with a 2 1/2 yr. old 6 point and a nice 140ish 10 pt. that is at least 4 1/2. While they certainly are more apt to run with members of their own sex, as well as deer in their own age class this time of year, it just isn't always the case. I don'tknow that their is any particularthing that causes this.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

last week i took my wife by a farm i used to hunt just to look and there was a big 5pt running with a doe chasing eachother around it was strange they actually came within 10yrds of the car.