Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Axis?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton Axis?

Well since my local shop hasn't been able to get any Goldtips, I have started to look around at some other arrows and like what I see with the Easton ST Axis. Has anyone used these before?

I talked to a guy that used the full metal jackets and he said they were very heavy, but had amazing penetration. I'm not sure if I will make the switch over, but I always like to keep my options open.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Easton Axis?

I've been using Axis 340s for over a year now and I'm pretty happy with them. I have taken 1 deer and several hogs and always have good penetration. I will buy another dozen when I need more arrows.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

This will be my 3rd season the Axis and I love them. I've found that the FMJ's are not nearly as durable as the original axis. I would definitely recommend the Axis, you'll probably get mixed reviews but that happens with everything. I shot GT's like yourself before I shot the axis and I have no intentions of ever going back. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 PM

The Axis is a great arrow for both target and hunting. You'll be most happy with them.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:38 PM

Two seasons ago I bought them to try because I had never jumped on the carbon wagon and thought ill give it a whirl. I hated them I dont know if it was my rest or what but I couldnt get em to fly right. Looking back now I think if I had a drop away then the outcome might have been better but I switched back to my good ol xx75 2 days later......Also I bought them from dicks sporting goods and had to take em back 3 times because they couldnt glue the inserts in right.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been shooting the Easton Axis 340's for 2 season's now and I can't say a bad thing about them .I really love the slim shaft's and as far as I'm concerned they're an awsome shaft . Buy them you'll like them. Penetration is uncomparible to the regular shaft's.

nubo
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

This will be my third year using axis. I love them. The only drawback I have found is since the bushing that the broadhead screws into is down in the arrow, mechanical broadheads that use washers to stop them from opening can split the end of the arrow, if they hit solid bone or dirt on a pass thru. To fix this I use 2 washers with my hammerheads and haven't had any more problems.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot the Full Metal Jackets and love them. They are a little heavy but they hit hard. Not to mention they look really good to.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

save some money and get straighter arrows buy the beaman black max. i really love them.