Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 no hunting on sunday? >

no hunting on sunday?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

no hunting on sunday?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: no hunting on sunday?

Honestly, I think you'll see it in PA, not all at once of course, just like now, you can hunt woodchucks, crows and coyotes on Sunday, just not the rest. I bet you see Sunday hunting for turkeys soon. It's about trying to get more people to come to PA and hunt.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:18 PM

I have to work every Sat
No Sunday hunting would be the end of my hunting.
Glad I hunt in Iowa
I work in WI where it is illegal to sell motorcycles or cars on Sunday, that frees me up to go hunting!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Spike

I've hunted in Kentucky all my life on Sundays. This year I found a hot spot that I get to hunt. I happened to be talking to the farmer that owns this place and some how he brought the Sunday thing.... It perfectly legal here but not on his place! I own a small woodlot that backs up to his place so that's where I'll be on Sunday! While I don't really agree with this law I do understand it. Way back when this country was a God fearing place Sunday was considered Gods day! And he said on the 7th day rest! We don't hunt for food anymore, even though we do eat what we take. Let's face it we can go to the local grocery store and get all the food we want. I look at hunting as a relaxation...... But I do understand where the law came from!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:53 PM

No hunting on sundays here in sask. I think the law has its good and its bad. Its nice cause it gives the critters a bit of a rest and gives me a day where i know i cannot hunt so some work gets done. Its poor for those who only have the weekend to hunt but them are the breaks. 95% of our seasons change over on sundays so it is handy that way. I dunno ican live with it, maybe cause i am used to it.