Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting stand setup help >

Bowhunting stand setup help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting stand setup help

Old 09-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bowhunting stand setup help

i am pretty new to bow hunting, only a few years in. id say my biggest problems last year and going to be this year are setups.. due to different reasons ill be unable to hunt out of a tree stand for the 2nd year in a row. so here is my situation, i found a small corridor that the deer are using a lot. good buck sign in it also, which thats what ill be hunting come sat. my problem is w/ a tree stand id be money, but on the ground i can not get a place to work. i found a few places w/ blowdowns but they would be right on top of me, and on the other side its way to open and they arent moving thru there. the other side where i did find a place, it has 1 trail that i could shoot. the other trails are going to be 30 yrds to far out. should i hunt that, or get in the mix and hope i dont get busted. or any other ideas?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting stand setup help

Sounds like the blowdowns are your ticket. They can be good ground naturalblinds. Do yourabsolute best to be scent free and maybe invest in a few yards of camo netting to enhance the blind and make you less visible. Better yet, buy a commercial gound blind but make sure you add some natural brush to it if you use one.