Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 6V rechargeable batteries >

6V rechargeable batteries

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6V rechargeable batteries

Old 09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Spike

Default 6V rechargeable batteries

Where can you find rechargeable 6V batteries including the charger. I want one for my Moultrie game camera and my feeder. Are they any good, do they last as long or should I just keep buying new ones.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 6V rechargeable batteries

I have the moultrie rechargeables and they work great. I get 4-6 weeks in the camera.I don't have any experience with feeders though.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotten them at WalMart. Usually sold out by hunting season though.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:22 PM

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/160400/Gel_Cell_(Sealed_Lead_Acid).html

I use a SLA (Sealed Lead Acid, aka gell cell) battery in some of my homemade cameras. I use the 4ah battery and it lasts for months in the field or on the shelf.

I'm pretty sure it's that (or perhaps a smaller one) which the moultrie uses.

6 volt chargers can be had cheap at Radio Shack (or at least they used to be.)
Old 09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Cabela's and Bass Pro have them as well as just about every sporting goods and feed store around me. You can also try searching the net. The ones I have been using are the small 4.5 ah batteries but there are bigger ones availible but dont fit in the housing. They run $10-$12 each and I even have a spare that I keep charged just in case.

I have purchased solar chargers for mine and they are working good, they have been keeping the batteries charged at 96% or better and they are taking 30-40 picture a day.

I am sold on the solar chargers and the 512 and 1 gig SD cards, even at high resolution you dont have to worry about not being able to take pics due to a dead battery or full memory.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:14 PM

I'm with doubleA, I have three moultrie cameras and three feeders. I bought rechargable batteries and solar chargers. It costs a little more up front, but In the last 10 days my cameras took about 1800 pics. That would have been a load of regular batteries. Plus I would have missed some of the pics because of a dead battery ( s ) . I checked the cameras this afternoon and all three batteries were fully charged, and like I said, I got about 1800 pics.

It is the only way to go.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Spike

so where do you get the solar chargers
Old 09-26-2006, 03:45 AM

I bought the 6v solar chargers at Walmart in the sporting goods section with the rechargable batteries and feeders etc... They were 20.00 a pop but the regulsr 6v energizer batteries are 7.00 each so you could pay for the solar charger with three batteries.

If your walmart doesn't have the solar chargers, you can search for them on the net, and see what you can find, or use the following links. These links are to get to the sites. you will have to find you way to the solar chargers.

www.amazon.com - 19.99

www.moultriefeeders.com - 24.99

www.wingsupply.com - 19.99

You can also get them from www.basspro.com - but they have them for 29.95.

allfour links have solar chargers. The link for amazon.com gets their solar chargers from wing supply.com and both of them get them from moultrie feeders, so they are all selling the same solar chargers. I believe the Bass Pro solar charger comes from moultrie also.

So the up front cost is 20.00 per charger from wing supply or amazon.comand 10.00 per battery.

Hope all this helps.

Good hunting

God Bless
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

i got mine at bass pro along with my camera
Old 09-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

comment deleted

Quick Reply: 6V rechargeable batteries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.