Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how do you get on a team here?you got to read >

how do you get on a team here?you got to read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how do you get on a team here?you got to read

Old 09-25-2006, 09:11 AM

Default how do you get on a team here?you got to read

hey guys i am a experienced hunter with all weapons but my weapon of choice is the bow i have taken over 127 whitetails i have been huntind since i was about 14 i am now 31 i could be a valuable team member to a team on the site i am both ethical and moral. i am pretty new to the site but would like some info on getting on a team can someone please tell me what i need to do.i am a former marine sniper and alot odf times i still hunt in my ghillie suit.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how do you get on a team here?you got to read

Modman,
all teams are filled except team 40 and 41. Maybe you should PM Rob/PA Bowyer . I am the captain of team 40 "size matters" and we need one more team member. However,it may be too late to get on a team. The signup period has expired.

Good luck
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Modman, There is a sign-up period from like early August -Sept. You've missed out this year. Keep an eye-out next year during late summer.

I'm sure Rob or one of the Mods will answer also..I'm just speaking from expirience as I missed the 1st two contests due to lateness.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

These guys are right, next season you'll have to watch for an early sign in. I see you haven't joined until recent, after all was said and done. I still need 3 guys for team 41 as well. If you think you'll stick around throughout the season, I'll add you to the alternates, depending on the other guys showing or not, I'll need you. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:19 AM

heck yea im in put me down my biggest to date is 143 net scored at dixie deer classic tell me more rule sscoring syatem etc.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Modman - don't let this discourage you from hanging out and posting here. There is much more to this site than the contest... lots of good advice, stories, and experiences.

There may be a firearm contest and turkey contests upcoming also. I'm not quite sure because I don't join those.

Looking forward to reading more from you modman - marine snipers are alright in my book!
I'm an ex Army Sergeant myself.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forums modman.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:52 PM

thanks guys i will definately be looking for next years teams how does it work can smoeone shear what it is about and what it consists of .also how do you guys get those cool pictures by your login names i dont know alot about computers just basic stuff .
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM

The Reader's Digest version of the rules are simple;

The first buck you shoot must be entered into the contest as an official entry. No culling your bucks if you're allowed to shoot more than one per season.

Your entry must include a picture of yourself and your deer along with your bow. Also include the deer's score.

All entries must be taken with archery equipment only, no rifle or muzzle loader killed animals are to be accepted.

Most importantly, have a fun and safe season.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 AM

This sounds like fun, we usually have something like this at our camp, I might have to check into it next year as well!