Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 They're worse than I thought! >

They're worse than I thought!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They're worse than I thought!

Old 09-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default They're worse than I thought!

A couple days ago, I came on here whining about how my cousin's land adjacent to mine -- (see my thread "I have to vent" a couple pages deeper in this forum).

Well, the IDIOTS who are allowed to hunt on his land are even worse than I thought. Yesterday afternoon, I was getting ready to head out and looked out my window using binoculars to see if anyone was in "the stand" they use. Even through the maze of tree between my house and there, I could some fool in the stand moving constantly -- his bare, uncamoflaged hands were very visible and never stopped moving.

I decided imediately to leave the thicket to him to avoid controversy and hunt my own place about 150 yards distant -- I KNEW it was likely for him to get a shot before I would, but I didn't have much choice since the spot I wanted was about 40 yards away and he would've seen my approach.

At about 6:20pm, I heard him shoot, heard the arrow hit the GROUND and saw four deer bolt into the field towards me -- NONE were injured. They stopped about 70 or so yards from him and began looking around for the source of the noise. They were 50 yards from me, but I thought they might move close enough for a shot. While they were still looking nervously about, HE SHOT AGAIN!!!! [:@][:@][:@] This idiot couldn't hit 'em at his bait piles with-in 15 yards of his stand, but tries a 70 yarder!!! I SAW his arrow miss them by a mile and they all ran into MY woods - away from me. [:@]

Instead of staying in his stand for more possible chances (like I said, it was 6:20pm), HE GOT DOWN! I heard him hit every step as he came clunking down from his treestand -- nothing quiet about this guy. He walked out into the middle of the field and began looking for his arrow. After he found it, he started walking toward MY woods and started in! [:@] He must've thought better of it, because he backed out, walked around the field for about 10 minutes for no apparent reason than to scare off any other deer, then walks out passing with-in 10 yards of me. I had removed my gloves and facemask and expected him to acknowledge me, but he didn't apparently see me and was actually GROWLING and muttering to himself as he walked across the middle of the alfalfa field -- at 6:40pm! I realized he'd probably had ruined the area for the evening . . . and probably a few days at least, but I stayed in my stand for the rest of the evening -- and passed up a yound one just before dark!

Update on the other area I had that had decreased from 140 acres to 6 ----- they're developing the whole area right next to it. [:@] There were corner posts, red flags, surveyor's ribbons and perk tests all over the area Friday extending right into the woods I hunt. That wasn't there on Monday, so I guess that area's gone too.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:21 AM

Default RE: They're worse than I thought!

No shovel with you?
Just kidding!

That guy is a tool.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd go to your cousin and tell him about this unethical slob, if it would do any good.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can't beleive you didn't say something to him after ventering onto your land. Is this happening in that top field to the right of your target? You need some backup there buddy?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

I feel for ya buddy. It aggravates the crap out of me for you.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

That dude sounds like a REAL SMACKED ASS! I'd have to say something to this guy![:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Sound Like a WINNER to me Hope things get better for you soon
Old 09-24-2006, 05:32 PM

Thats a bad situation. I went out last Thursday and the jack that hunts the adjacent property was up in his stand wearing bluejeans and a short sleeved white t-shirt. Needless to say we had a conversation after that evenings hunt.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's to me that this guy is relying on alot of luck ,but so far he's getting the wrong end of the shovel.
I certainly understand your demeaner about this whole situation ,,nothing worse than an idiot in the wood's who can't not only shoot ,but sound's as if he just doesn't have any idea about hunjting at all.
I hope somewhere along the line you can find yourself some piece of mind and just maybe another good little honey hole all to yourself.

Good luck

nubo
Old 09-25-2006, 12:25 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Snook

Thats a bad situation. I went out last Thursday and the jack that hunts the adjacent property was up in his stand wearing bluejeans and a short sleeved white t-shirt. Needless to say we had a conversation after that evenings hunt.
uuuuummmmmmmmm....not to be a prick but what business is it of your's what someone wears while hunting??? I've kill bucks and nice ones wearing blue jeans. I hunt on the ground!!! Especially early season during warm weather. I've yet to find a decent pair of camoed pants that feel good or are as comfortable as my " Wranglers ". Granted a white shirt wouldn't be my choice but I've also killed deer wearing regular shirts.I like tan, brown, green or all the above in the same shirt. I don't wear a face mask nor paint my face. I only wear gloves when it gets cold.

So far this hunting season... I've had 15 - 20 bucks walk by from 3 yards to 25 yards and not have a clue I was there. Well over half were under 10 yards with six of them being under 5 yards. I think it is the WRANGLERS!!

If you think camos make the hunter... well I seen quite a few of them camoed to the hilt hunters over the yearsthat proved otherwise.

If you had a " chat " with me like you did with this other guy...well hopefully you wouldn't feel too bad after Ilaughed at youand told you to bite me " if "you were copping an attitude!!

Can you see the wranglers in this picture??? Apparently the buck didn't at 12 yards. And he was closer before I could get a shot. Do get me wrong... I like camos but they aren't what kills the deer.

Tim

Quick Reply: They're worse than I thought!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.