Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 They're worse than I thought! >

They're worse than I thought!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They're worse than I thought!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM

Default RE: They're worse than I thought!

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I shot my first two bow bucks with blue jeans and t-shirt on. The white shirt though is definitely a bad idea, I agree. I would say NOTHING to this clown. You might clue him in and make him a better hunter. That is the last thing you want. If you can see him moving you can bet the deer know he's there. Use him to your advantage if you can. Try to think of how deer will react to avoid him, and that is where you should set up.
Don't educate this goof about anything!
This seems like odd advice. Why would you not want to educate "this goof" about anything? Why would you not want to help him be a better hunter? The better he is and the more educated he is, the less impact he will make on your neighboring property.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about all that Dave.

Guys like that can cause you a lot of grief.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

What about him shooting towards you at a deer that is clearly out of his effective range? How unsafe is that? Man, I would have had to gotten down and taught him a valuable lesson.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

The only thing I can say.......The crazy &#@$ launched 70 yard'r..[:@] How ethical is that!

Say no More!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pig dog 02

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I shot my first two bow bucks with blue jeans and t-shirt on. The white shirt though is definitely a bad idea, I agree. I would say NOTHING to this clown. You might clue him in and make him a better hunter. That is the last thing you want. If you can see him moving you can bet the deer know he's there. Use him to your advantage if you can. Try to think of how deer will react to avoid him, and that is where you should set up.
Don't educate this goof about anything!
This seems like odd advice. Why would you not want to educate "this goof" about anything? Why would you not want to help him be a better hunter? The better he is and the more educated he is, the less impact he will make on your neighboring property.
I thought it was self explanatory. The guy got kicked out of his hunting ground. The other guy is a bad hunter, so he isn't gonna get any deer and probably will chase them over his way. Why educate him and make him more effective? You don't actually want to help the interloper shoot deer do you?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 PM

Todays world is a "I" world. Me first, the hell with everyone else. I guess that depends on if you want to try and talk tothe guy. Perhapsmake a friend and try to help some one. Show him the right ways. If he doesn't abide then move on. OR you can get worked up about it and act ugly, and be a jerk and get nothing accomplished and not be the bigger person. Flame away on that.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You probably need to read my first post before making assumptions. This land in question has been in the family for nearly 100 years. My cousion only gained control of it when my grandmother died. I've been hunting there for over 25 years and she told him to let me continue to hunt there before she died. He severely limited the area I have access to -- it's only this one piece and it's less than 5 acres. He also is allowing these 3 others on the same piece of property. I have been trying to avoid the area whenever they're around, but with the wind on sat night, I almost HAD to go to where I did if I wanted to hunt. I know these guys were bad hunters -1 small doe in 5 years from 3 people in a great spot is pretty bad -- they've shot and lost some too. After seeing one of them shoot sat, I can see why. I kill about 5 from that same piece of land every year -- and in about a month, my cousin's planning on running a bulldozer through there and turning it all into a pasture for his horses and cattle.

THAT's part of what is upsetting about this. One month left and these guys are ruining what's left.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 AM

I think you are wrong DaveH, but I'm not going to argue with you.