Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 They're worse than I thought! >

They're worse than I thought!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They're worse than I thought!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM

Default RE: They're worse than I thought!

Next time, take a digital camera with you and take photos of these morons. Then post them on the internet for the www (whole wide world) to see! Maybe they'll get the idea and either learn a little hunter's etiquette, or hunt someplace else.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: Snook

Thats a bad situation. I went out last Thursday and the jack that hunts the adjacent property was up in his stand wearing bluejeans and a short sleeved white t-shirt. Needless to say we had a conversation after that evenings hunt.
uuuuummmmmmmmm....not to be a prick but what business is it of your's what someone wears while hunting??? I've kill bucks and nice ones wearing blue jeans. I hunt on the ground!!! Especially early season during warm weather. I've yet to find a decent pair of camoed pants that feel good or are as comfortable as my " Wranglers ". Granted a white shirt wouldn't be my choice but I've also killed deer wearing regular shirts.I like tan, brown, green or all the above in the same shirt. I don't wear a face mask nor paint my face. I only wear gloves when it gets cold.

So far this hunting season... I've had 15 - 20 bucks walk by from 3 yards to 25 yards and not have a clue I was there. Well over half were under 10 yards with six of them being under 5 yards. I think it is the WRANGLERS!!

If you think camos make the hunter... well I seen quite a few of them camoed to the hilt hunters over the yearsthat proved otherwise.

If you had a " chat " with me like you did with this other guy...well hopefully you wouldn't feel too bad after Ilaughed at youand told you to bite me " if "you were copping an attitude!!

Can you see the wranglers in this picture??? Apparently the buck didn't at 12 yards. And he was closer before I could get a shot. Do get me wrong... I like camos but they aren't what kills the deer.

Tim

Not to mention as well that these guys are on property that they have permission on. Hunters shouldnt have problems with other hunters hunting the neighboring land if they have permission. Sounds more like a little bit of jealousy then anything. My suggestion would be to work them to your advantage. Find out when they are going to and from there stands, where there parking etc. If yo say there has bad hunters has they are, the deer will be patterning them and avoiding them at certain times and taking different routes. Giving you the perfect opportunity to use that knowledge to setup on a escape routes and safe areas the deer will be using.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like TJF and Exocet77's response to this post. Sure it stinks that a bungler is hunting the adjacent land. But that's just another variable. You have to react to it like you would a field harvest and adjust your strategy. Use him to push deer to you. I think your first mistake was hunting near him if he's going to be that big of a distraction. Don't let the lure of a good spot blind you to the fact that he's ruining it. The deer will notice him and react to him. You've got to figure out how they will react and plan accordingly. Another suggestion is to extend the hand of friendship to a brother hunter. This guy may be inept, but it could be because he doesn't know any better. He may be learning all on his own and doing it by the "School of Hard Knocks" method. I don't know how you can proffer an offer of mentoring him without stepping on toes but you may be able to give him some pointers (not offered in a superior tone) and maybe even have him practice with you. Who knows, he could be a new hunting buddy for you that just needs grooming. Try to put a positive spin on it. You may just reduce the inconsiderate hunter population by one.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'd go to your cousin and tell him about this unethical slob, if it would do any good.
I would definetly do that same.
Man, that would really really tick me off![:@]
Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 AM

For some guy's it's not about everything it's not their "life" it's their "hobby". Sound's to me like your a hunting snob which is right by those purist's. If he is wearing pink who care's it's his life and not your land. As long as someone doesn't litter or poach or destruct land we should try and unite and be friendly. Maybe he is new and dont know better or maybe he don't care and just like's getting away from his wife or kid's. Either way let him revel in his glory and use him to your advantage as other's said.
And look at chuck adams, fred bear, ted nugent,our grandparents,etc. They all killed numerous deer and other game in t-shirt and jeans, dont make it more complicated then it is.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'd go to your cousin and tell him about this unethical slob, if it would do any good.
I would definetly do that same.
Man, that would really really tick me off![:@]
same, see what he thinks....
Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Sorry about your luck..
Old 09-25-2006, 12:25 PM

For some guy's it's not about everything it's not their "life" it's their "hobby". Sound's to me like your a hunting snob which is right by those purist's. If he is wearing pink who care's it's his life and not your land. As long as someone doesn't litter or poach or destruct land we should try and unite and be friendly. Maybe he is new and dont know better or maybe he don't care and just like's getting away from his wife or kid's. Either way let him revel in his glory and use him to your advantage as other's said.
And look at chuck adams, fred bear, ted nugent,our grandparents,etc. They all killed numerous deer and other game in t-shirt and jeans, dont make it more complicated then it is.

I have to agree with tc3383 on this one. I think you should have went and talked to the guy after he missed the deer. Told him who you are and that your cousin owns this ground, and thats your ground where the does went to. I would then talk to him and see if you could help him out and get his bow on target. Your supposed to be the bigger person.

I think alot of us here have lost hunting spots. I've lost two honey holes due to leaseing. It sucks your looseing your hunting spot. I get the feeling your mad at your cousin over it. Thats just not right. Its his land and he can do with it what he pleases. Start nocking on doors and find new locations to hunt. You might find a honey hole with some really nice deer to hunt! Roll with the punches and don't let it get you down. I don't let many things get to me because life is to short and I'm not going to waste my time getting ticked off and upset. It gets you no place. Thats what I think.

Exocet77 is also correct, who the hell cares what the person is wearing. I've killed deer wearing blue jeans. Biggest buck I ever shot at with a bow I was wearing brown duct coat (noisey!!), and blue jean overalls. He ducked my arrow at 25 yards. Deer could care less.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my first two bow bucks with blue jeans and t-shirt on. The white shirt though is definitely a bad idea, I agree. I would say NOTHING to this clown. You might clue him in and make him a better hunter. That is the last thing you want. If you can see him moving you can bet the deer know he's there. Use him to your advantage if you can. Try to think of how deer will react to avoid him, and that is where you should set up.
Don't educate this goof about anything!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with some of the others...he may just need someone to help him out to learn what the right thing is to do. You may very well have a great hunting buddy lurking right outside your stand. You never know, he may even know of other places that you can hunt since you are losing some of your hunting land. Otherwise, get out there and offer to help the landowners/farmers. Usually all that it takes is you stopping by to ask and most people will say that it's fine.

Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: They're worse than I thought!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.