Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who packs heat

Old 09-22-2006, 12:09 PM

Default RE: Who packs heat

It is illegal in Washington state to posess any type of firearm during archery season. You can't even have a .22 in your camp for grouse hunting.

However, the police officer you folks hear me complain about frequently carries a .30-30 with him. He wounded a cougar with it several years ago.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM

No thanks...

Tim
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I carry my Taurus .44mag with custom bear loads.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Even to the grocery store. ya just never know!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

In texas...it is leagal during rifle season to carry a sidearm, however, during bow season only, you can't carry a sidearm unless you have a concealed handgun liscense. You can bow hunt during rifle season, too..and that is when I carry a Bersa thunder .380. Nice little gun for not a lot of money...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM

I carry just because i carry everywhere I go. You just never know whats gonna happen.

Washington, I think its an unwritten law that police officers can carry anywhere. I know we can carry anywhere that doesnt hold a liqour license. The only thing is we have to qualify with the weapon we carry off duty.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: scsohunter

I carry just because i carry everywhere I go. You just never know whats gonna happen.

Washington, I think its an unwritten law that police officers can carry anywhere. I know we can carry anywhere that doesnt hold a liqour license. The only thing is we have to qualify with the weapon we carry off duty.
I would tend that would be the case if he were carrying a pistol, but carrying a rifle to his treestand during archery season? Something just doesn't feel right with that.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

S&W 4056 .40 CAL

It's illegal to be afield in WV with a bow and a gun at the same time.

However, you can carry a concealed handgun while bowhunting for defense purposes only, not for hunting, as long as you have a valid WV concealed weapons permit. This permit must always be in your posession at all times when wearing your concelaed weapon.

To hunt with a handgun you must purchase a seperate license.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

It's illegal to carry a sidearm in NC while bowhunting.

I also have a VA license. To be honest (and I'm not proud of this)......I don't know the law, there. I DO know that the area I hunt (one of them) is full of bears and cats. Ethics, laws and common sense don't always compliment one another. I have a Kimber .45 cal in my hand when it's dark and I'm going to my stand in VA.

Period.

Jeff
SBGobblers, it's Illegal in VA. Unless it's gun season, then you're carring a bow in with your gun. I used to carry a pistol during gun season to dispatch a deer with but stopped after I missed a nice buck with it after my shotgun jammed. Besides, I figured I was always cleaning two guns that way and the pistol bullets cost more than the shotgun shells, so what was the point?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Talondale

SBGobblers, it's Illegal in VA. Unless it's gun season, then you're carring a bow in with your gun. I used to carry a pistol during gun season to dispatch a deer with but stopped after I missed a nice buck with it after my shotgun jammed. Besides, I figured I was always cleaning two guns that way and the pistol bullets cost more than the shotgun shells, so what was the point?
That's wrong. Copied from theVirginia DGIF general regulations page:

"Concealed handguns may be in the possession of hunters during the archery and muzzleloading seasons when they also possess a valid concealed handgun permit. Such handguns may not be used to shoot wild animals during these seasons."

Quick Reply: Who packs heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.