Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews switchback cam... where to buy?? >

Mathews switchback cam... where to buy??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews switchback cam... where to buy??

Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Mathews switchback cam... where to buy??

I didn't know where to post this... I thought it would get lost in the classified section. I am looking for a 28.5" 80% let off cam for a 2006 Switchback. Besides a dealer or ebay does anyone know of a source that may have this cam?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews switchback cam... where to buy??

Might want to check over the in classifieds section at www.archerytalk.com.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 AM
CDG

I found a place on the net, cant remember the name but they were more than my dealer. I think i paid 90 for mine. Are you the original owner? If so you may be able to talk to the shop you bought it at and work something out. Also you may try the mathews forum, maybe someone there has one? http://forums.mathewsinc.com/
Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CDG

I found a place on the net, cant remember the name but they were more than my dealer. I think i paid 90 for mine. Are you the original owner? If so you may be able to talk to the shop you bought it at and work something out. Also you may try the mathews forum, maybe someone there has one? http://forums.mathewsinc.com/
$90 for a switchback cam is outrageous..........[&:]

Mathews dealers can't sell over the internet, not even parts or accessories. With that said, your best bet is ebay, archerytalk.com, or some of the other forums out there like archerysite.net, archerylive.com, etc..........best of luck.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

$90 for a switchback cam is outrageus..........[&:]
I had to buy a cam last year for my Switchback and 2 dealers quoted me $129 for the part. I ended up getting itfor $65 though because I found a member at the local archery club that was an authorized Mathews dealer and he made me a good deal.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:06 AM

Thanks for all the leads. I am not the original owner which is why I need a different cam. My Mathews dealer sells everything at msrp.I am willing to pay more for a good proshop but I'm not willing to get raped. Yes, I know he has overhead and is a small dealer... but you never get a break of any kind in there. And the setup they do on new bows isn't up to my expectations. However I do like them in there and I keep going back. The next closest Mathews dealer to me is a real winner... he was trying to sell me an XT and said that "even though the XT is a little slower it holds its speed much longer down range than the standard switchback". I wonder what Isaac Newton would say about that? [:@]

Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 AM

i am from oklahom and would call davenport archer in prague oklahoma if i were you he will send a cam to your for far less than 100$ probably 50$ or sell. i can't promise but i would bet on it. i know if you buy it from him he will trade you out for free and last year i took a player of mine trade out for a legacy cam and he charged us 25$.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:54 PM

wow... sounds like a great dealer. I'll look them up. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM

Just looked up Davenport's,,, they have a website with a phone #. Thanks Again.