Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Switchback

Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Spike

Default Mathews Switchback

I went in yesterday to buy a BowTech Patriot and after shooting it and the Mathews I walked out with a Switchback. I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet both bows were. Now I'm waiting on the Trophy Ridge sight and rest to come in so they can set it up. I would recommend anyone looking at spending $650 for a bow, to at least shoot a couple of different ones and make sure you get what you want. The BowTech was an awesome bow but the Switchback just felt better and fit me better, and I already had my mind made up to get the Patriot. Does anyone have an opinion on the Mathews quiver? Is it worth the money or should I go with the Alpine Archery?

Bondster
Old 05-11-2005, 04:16 AM
CR

Default RE: Mathews Switchback

Congrats on the new bow !!! The Switchback is a great bow. As far as the quiver is concerned, I would go with the Alpine for 2 reasons: 1) it has 2 holders for the arrows so you can take the foam out and your broadheads are not touching anything, 2) it is ALOT cheaper than the Mathews quiver. JMO
Old 05-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to get a new Switch Back but my Legacy shoots great. I got the Bohning Linx 4 arrow quiver. It holds the arrows in two places and has alluminum and carbon inserts. It was only $25.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:43 PM

If you shoot with the quiver on, then hands down go with the Mathews 2 piece quiver. They are made for the bow and fit perfect. If you shoot witht the quiver off the bow then whatever quiver you pick is fine. jmo......................
Old 05-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new rig. My experience with the SB was different than yours. I have a Patriot and have shot a few Switchbacks, but I still like my Patriot better. My next one will be a Black Knight.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:42 PM

I've been shooting Alpine on my bows for a couple of years now and I love them they are quite and easy on/off..I also like the two rails that can be slide all the way up or down to accomdate different length arrows for those of us that like to hunt off the ground and keep your nocks out of the dirt.. They can also be positioned at different degrees and come with a large spacer that might come in useful w/ certain setups.GOOD LUCK
Old 05-20-2005, 06:00 AM

I shoot with the quiver on, and the new new exteneded Mathews Web quiver for the SB has a great fit, is not to heavy, although it is pricey.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Bondster, contgrats on your new SB! It's a great bow. I too shot the Bowtech lines and they are fast, but speed isn't everything. Chose the Switchback and love shooting it.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:47 AM
jkb

I have tried both bowtech and switchback.I have a 28 inch draw so I dont get the speed a long arm shooter gets.I have found the switchback is much easyer to pull back same wieght #s don't know why but it was for me.I only get 298 ibo.As far as quivers I hunt with one on my side.I took stablizer and all I can off a bow .Lighter the better when you walk through woods looking for hogs.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the outback, and i love the alpine quiver and i shoot with the quiver on.