Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW >

ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Old 09-21-2006, 08:10 PM

Default RE: ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

4 1/2 years old

You guys are missing the point. It isnt about setting the bar at the same height for everyone. It is about each of us raising the bar as we become better hunters. It is OK to shoot young deer .... for a period of time. Then take a step up to the next level and learn to hunt 2 1/2 year olds and hunt them for a few years before again raising the bar. Only you can decide what level you are at and apparently some of you have never moved past the very begining stages. AGAIN, THAT IS FINE .... FOR A WHILE. You didnt stay in 1st grade forever did you? Then why are you promoting doing the equivalent as a deer hunter?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:20 PM

Monster Bucks only, you bring about a good argument, but you're still trying to instill YOUR beliefs on those of us that just don't give a damn about horns. While I see what you are saying, and at some point in my life I may do just that, then again, I may not, either. What's that to you or anyone else?? I would be willing to bet back in the frontier days they didn't care much about whether or not they graduated to Big Buck school or not....
Old 09-21-2006, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Monster Bucks only

4 1/2 years old
Why is it OK to shoot young does but not bucks?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas, you can't ask logical questions like that, it will only confuse him
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

I guess i'll give my 2 cents on this.If you c a deer with milk on it's lips it 2 young to shoot let it grow.If a buck does not have 3 point's on a side let him walk.My state has the 3 point rule that helps alot with mature deer management for everybody.If your a meat hunter this should not be a problem because a older mature deer should weigh more thus haveing more meat.So every body is geting what thay want.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

and apparently some of you have never moved past the very begining stages. AGAIN, THAT IS FINE .... FOR A WHILE. You didnt stay in 1st grade forever did you? Then why are you promoting doing the equivalent as a deer hunter?
That in a nut shell is the rub with many. It maybe fine forever and for many reasons.

I can't understand why a mature hunter would butt into another hunters business without being asked to do so.If a guy wants to hunt deer, any deerforever and is happy as a clam about it, be happy for him, or don't give him a thought. Don't insult him by calling a grown man a first grader. If he wants to get a harder to get one and asks, help him out. Ipersonaly likebeing around people who can enjoy whatever they get.

I don't care for either side telling others what they should do and there have been many threads where throphy hunter have been bashed as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

4 1/2 years old

You guys are missing the point. It isnt about setting the bar at the same height for everyone. It is about each of us raising the bar as we become better hunters. It is OK to shoot young deer .... for a period of time. Then take a step up to the next level and learn to hunt 2 1/2 year olds and hunt them for a few years before again raising the bar. Only you can decide what level you are at and apparently some of you have never moved past the very begining stages. AGAIN, THAT IS FINE .... FOR A WHILE. You didnt stay in 1st grade forever did you? Then why are you promoting doing the equivalent as a deer hunter?
Dude I may disagree with Mr. Atlas on a pile of things, but you have zero right to tell people how to hunt or to Judge them on what they shoot.

There are groups who like to tell people how to live, hunting family is not one of them!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 PM

"Why is it OK to shoot young does but not bucks?"

Who said is was OK???? Not me!!!! When I shoot does I try to shoot older does.

Why is it OK to kill baby deer but not baby seals? or baby rabbits? or baby birds?
Why does a farmer lets his steers grow up before sending them to market?
Why do more old people die than young people???? because that is natures way!!!! until kill-mongers posing as deer hunters get involved and start messing with nature!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

"Why is it OK to shoot young does but not bucks?"

Who said is was OK???? Not me!!!! When I shoot does I try to shoot older does.

Why is it OK to kill baby deer but not baby seals? or baby rabbits? or baby birds?
Why does a farmer lets his steers grow up before sending them to market?
Why do more old people die than young people???? because that is natures way!!!! until kill-mongers posing as deer hunters get involved and start messing with nature!!!
You are my new least favorite member.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:07 PM

This has really been fun ... and I am making lots of new friends to boot!!!

Quick Reply: ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.