Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW >

ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Old 09-21-2006, 03:52 PM

Default RE: ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I honestly can't believe that this is as big of an argument as it is.

We're all hunters, plain and simple. Granted, we may all take different things away from this sport/tradition, but the fact of the matter is we're a community and as a community we should all support one another no matter what.

So some guys like to hunt for deer with large antlers. Awesome, great, fantastic. They're out in the woods doing what we all love -- hunting!

So some guys hunt for meat. Awesome, great, fantastic. They're out in the woods doing what we all love -- hunting.

To break it down any farther than that is to break apart our community. Its already bad enough that we have the Compound/Traditional/Cross Bow debate going on constantly.

Though we may hunt for different reasons, we all hunt and that iswhat is most important. Quit the arguing and enjoy what you do no matter what the guy next to you thinks.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM

Johnny ... aka BigJ12, there is a good chance that you might mature as a hunter along with several others who are at the stage where they must kill Kill KILL!!! Dont sweat it junior, every mature hunter was once at the stage where you are today. There are several good hunters on here.They all grew past it. Dont be one of those that gets stuck there. Keep working on your skills and maturing as a hunter and someday you too will have the will power to let a deer walk that you could have shot.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:44 PM

I think its funny how several of you continuing the argument are suddenly pulling out the old "maturity" card.

A mature hunter isn't one who shoots only trophy calibre deer. Heavens no. A mature hunter is one who recognizes that he isn't the only one in the woods. He recognizes the fact that we all hunt for different reasons. He is able to accept this fact and live with it, not preach his way to others. The majority of you have not reached this level of maturity. When and if you do I hope you realize how ridiculous this argument has been.

Personally I don't consider myself either a trophy hunter or a meat hunter. I consider myself a bowhunter. A member of a tradition that has been around for centuries. I consider myself fortunate to be able to share that camp with the rest of you. The sooner you folks realize we're all a part of a community, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy yourselves.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:59 PM

I enjoy myself just fine and dont have to kill something to do it. I also shoot plenty of does and let the little adolescent deer grow up.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Monster Bucks only

I enjoy myself just fine and dont have to kill something to do it. I also shoot plenty of does and let the little adolescent deer grow up.
But that makes you more mature, how?

You simply have a different mindset than some hunters, not a more mature one.

You choose to pass on small deer.

Some choose to shoot them.

The maturity level is the same, the mindset is different. You set different goals and follow through with them, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM

MAYBE someday you will understand, until then ... good luck this season. I hope you get whatever deer you are after.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Monster Bucks only

Why is it OK to shoot young does but not young bucks?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Johnny ... aka BigJ12, there is a good chance that you might mature as a hunter along with several others who are at the stage where they must kill Kill KILL!!! Dont sweat it junior, every mature hunter was once at the stage where you are today. There are several good hunters on here.They all grew past it. Dont be one of those that gets stuck there. Keep working on your skills and maturing as a hunter and someday you too will have the will power to let a deer walk that you could have shot.
Hows Junior Highgoing? Remember, college is important, so work hard!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:17 PM

That;s the issue.The "non-trophy / I'll shoot what I want to" campdoesn't try to impose its views on everyone.
THAT IS EXACTLY RIGHT!! And would we like to take a guess as to why the trophy hunters gripe about us meat hunters shooting any ole deer?? Why, the answer is very simple. Now that deer can't grow up to be shot and enjoyed by them! See, It's ok for THEM to decide what's right for THEM, but it's not ok for US to decide what's ok for US. It's a double standard.

Again, for the record, I could care less if you strictly horn hunt. I really could. I'm not getting down on anyone for setting standards of themselves and sticking to them. Again, all I ask in return is that you do the same of me.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Can someone from the let them grow crowd explain what a mature deer is? How old does he have to be to shoot?

Thanks

Quick Reply: ANNUAL LET 'EM GO AND LET 'EM GROW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.