Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oh My How dumb can a guy be!!! >

Oh My How dumb can a guy be!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oh My How dumb can a guy be!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default Oh My How dumb can a guy be!!!

Well the ruts on!!! Thats an under statement. Thurday and friday We were into so many bulls it would make a guy sick. I had a 6 point bull at 20 yards and I was just getting readys to let her fly when off to the left was a huge 375-400 Inch 8x8 that we saw several times in this one area. I slowly went to move to get a shot at him passing up a slam dunk 325in 6x6 and wouldn't you just know it that unseen cow just happed to catch the movement sending the two biggest bull I ever had a chance at off to the races. I never felt so low. Baumer If you read this which Im sure you will Im sorry I broke down and cried like a baby! LOL

we were into several bulls before and after that happened but I don't remember much about what happened before or after the encounter with the two grand dads. Im not the same person. It was like a religious experiance We had to head home to do that darn Work thing ARRR I truly hate leaveing elk camp.

GO NOW! BUGLE A LOT! have arrows at the ready. We were charged several times
Old 09-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Oh My How dumb can a guy be!!!

Sounds like you had a great time out there but left with a sick feeling in your stomach. It's how it goes sometimes. I'm sure you'll have those memories forever though.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Yea kind of mad at myself passed on 4 bulls and still have an unused tag . GERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I should be wipped with a rubber hose. LOL
Old 09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes how dumb can a guy be? Sounds like it was a traumatic experience to me and you need time off of work to get over it. Go hunting tomorrow. You can always find a new job because you were looking for one when you found that one, but you can never relive a hunt!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a great day in elk camp. The one and only time I went elk hunting we had 9 bulls under 40 yards in 5 days. I thought that was incredible. Both me and my hunting partner on that trip game home with bulls.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Typical Buck

Well I can fill a tag just about any day right now, those rag horns are stupid right now. all you gotta do is rub a branch on a tree and they come running in. its silly. I have a self imposed 6x6 min this year on bulls and if I don't get one then we have a late season in november thru december for cows only. Id rather just pop an old cow than a rag horn. Better eating IMHO Im going to try and get out two more times before season ends and maybe I can make something happen.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

The worst day at hunting camp is better than the best day at work!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

That is so true alleganydeerslayer, but i dont have a job yet(still looking)so....every day is better than a day at work.!