Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Limb Saver Life??? >

Limb Saver Life???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Limb Saver Life???

Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Limb Saver Life???

Earlier this year my bow was louder than last year. After going mad trying to figure out what was wrong with it I realized it was my string leeches. They were dry rot. I replaced them and that took care of it. Now I am starting to wonder how long my Lamb Savers on the limbs willl last and my S-Coil?

Has anybody experanced this? How long have you had them on your bow??
Old 09-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb Saver Life???

You make a good point spikehorn. I have had my limb savers on my bow ever since I purchased in 02. I noticed this year that they are becoming a little harder (dry rotted) than in the past. I just bought a new s-coil this year and my old limb savers have a completely different feel to them. As far as the string leaches go I cant keep the arms from breaking offthem onmy bow. I had to go to string silencers that are a similar material but are shaped like a footballs.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sold my 2001 Hoyt Vortec to a friend of mine, while we were sighting it in for him, a split limb Limb Saver came apart. That's 5 years almost 6 for that one. Luckily I had a replacement for him.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have alpha shocks on my bow. i probably had 1000 shots through it and one was wearing and popping out a few ribs once in a while. after about 1500-2000shots both were worn. they definently do their job though. its evident in how they kinda..deteriorated at the contact points. put in new camo ones the other day. working great and staying in place. them things are so soft its amazing. i dropped them on the table and they just jiggled. id say they defintly do their jobs..not sure why mine wore out. everyone else said they had 1000s of shots through theres and no problems. never left outside or in weather or anything...shot in nice weather and cased up when i was done...
Old 09-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Those soft rubber thingys just don't last long, no matter who makes them.