Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot! >

Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Old 11-27-2006, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Great post, I completely agree
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

this was my 3rd bow deer of the season. Last 10 minutes of the Michigan bow season this guy came in 15 yards broadside. I sent a slick trick through him and he only went 30 yards before laying down for good. The end of a great season, and some very tasty venison!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 PM

hey guys i just joined this and i was just looking throught and i saw this and you guys could not say it any better...to me i love deer meat and personaly u cant eat the horns....but let me know more on that u think..
Old 12-03-2006, 08:34 PM

you dont need to feel about about taking a doe or a sm buck. any animal is a trophy. if u just hunt horns then to me it seems ur taking the joy out of it and making it a competion hunting isnt a game its about spening time with friends and enjoying what god has givin us
Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 AM

I agree that any successful kill with a bow is exactly that "a success"!!!

I gotan 8-pointer on 11/4. It's my best with a bow. I didn't score it. All I know is its a great looking deer and I am very proud of it.

I will add pictures when I can figure out how.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one for yea, how about be proud of what you don't shoot...

I know that "letting them walk talk" turns threads into a huge conflict, but if you do decide to let one walk, be proud of yourself, I know I am. It is a good feeling to feel like you're doing something good instead of just shooting everything you see.

Good luck, have fun and be safe!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 PM

I am always proud of any animal I harvest with a bow! There is nothing like taking them with a bow!
I took this doe Oct. 3rd this year! Oh yeah my 5 year old daughter gets just as excited when I bring one home!

Old 12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Spike

Location: NY county that holds both typical and notypical state fiream records

Here are the two for the season. 7pt, 14 in. inside spread, 148 lbs. dressed out, shot at 13 yards from 30ft up. Doe was shot at 17yards.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Spike

Location: NY county that holds both typical and notypical state fiream records

The doe

Old 12-14-2006, 12:09 PM

Hello, I am new to posting but have been reading these forums for awhile to gain some knowledge.I'm 35 and have Bowhunting for 3 years and had never harvested a deer gun or bow. Actually I had never even fired a shot! untill 12/12/06 three days before close of Archery season here in New Hampshire.I had nice doe come in approx. 25 yards broadside I let my arrow fly and it hit it's mark.The deer went approx. 30 yards.I am very proud of my first ever deer especially since I took it with a Bow. I also did all the meat processing myself which added to the overall experience.I have Venison in the freezer and I pray for continued success with my bow. Thanks to everyone for all the knowledge I have gained through reading these forums.

Quick Reply: Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.