HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/155956-annual-proud-what-you-shoot.html)

PABowhntr 09-12-2006 07:32 AM

Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Along with Matt's and Rob's annual posts goes my "Be Proud of What You Shoot!" post. Every year I see posts that say things such as "I only shot a doe" or "It was only a 6 pointer". Don't post that way folks. Every animal taken with a bow is a trophy and you should be darn proud of your accomplishments.

Short, sweet and to the point. ;)

Cougar Mag 09-12-2006 07:40 AM

RE: Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Every animal taken with a bow is a trophy and you should be darn proud of your accomplishments.
Exactly!! Frank, I'm sure glad you posted this great reminder again.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-12-2006 07:46 AM

Exactly Frank and I was waiting for your post, now we need Matt's quality photo thread.

My first deer with a bow was a fawn doe, no spots and I was as proud of her as any deer I've ever taken.

Monie 09-12-2006 08:00 AM

Yep, any bowkill should be thought highly of.
Dr. Alsheimer states that fawns out of spots have been weened and the buck fawns are in the process of being kicked out of the clan. He also states that when a hunterkills a doe that had a buck fawn(s) (out of spots) nearby, the buck fawns were more likely to stick to it's birth range (your woods)because the doe wasn't there to kick him out.

My fingers are dyslexic this morning.

marcusjb 09-12-2006 08:07 AM

You guys couldn't have said it better!

Mykey 09-12-2006 08:16 AM

I agree 100% with whats been said, be proud of what you shoot. Any deer i take with a bow is truly a trophy to me i don't care what it is.Heck, getting close enough to seal the deal on a whitetail with a bow is an accomplishment in itself. Great thread.

GR8atta2d 09-12-2006 10:17 AM

Ahh The season is so close you can smell the annual stickies...Gotta love it!

Be proud be safe and take good pictures!

Foxfire125GR 09-12-2006 03:00 PM

Yeah be proud alright considering I have never shot s deer of any kind with a bow yet and I am 38 years old. So I hope my first will be this year!!! I am going to try and hunt harder this year in bow season then I ever have so just maybe I will have a chance I hope.

MOmightymite 09-12-2006 09:00 PM

Yeah i agree. Last year i shot my first deer with a bow and it was a spike, but i was still running around the woods yelling like it was aboone and crockett buck.

armulesknnr 09-13-2006 03:08 PM

Their all trophy’s to me whether they are shot with a bow, muzzle loader, or modern gun, when I only start hunting for horns it’s time to hang it up.