Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot! >

Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Old 10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

I hunt at a place where seeing one is nearly a miracle. ..public land.I got within 10 yds this morning and felt pretty darn good. I'm not sure I could live with myself if I ever arrowed one. There's alot of stuff that could go wrong..like twigging , release hang up, shakey knees, a miss, buck fever. I haven't even got one yet with a bow and I already like archery better than rifle.
c7
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhunter....right you are. No easy killing when its archery
Old 10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, guys, even a blind squirrell can find a nut every now and then. I had a decent 8pt. walk by at 5 yards yesterday morning about 7:45. He caught a Slick Trick through both lungs, ran abourt 45 yards, then stood looking around like he was trying to figure out what the heck happened. A minute or so later, I heard him fall over. Not a trophy for some guys, but I am plenty happy with him.

Can't seem to post a pic, even though I have reduced it below 100 k in size. Not sure why. My son took the pic, and you can't see the deer all that well anyway.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:02 PM

I have killed 4 deer with bow. And I was tickled to death with every one of them. I think that if you are adedicated enough to get within 30 yards of a "wild" animal that is that alert. Then thats saying something. And then to actually harvest it, thats a whole new level. I think everyone should be proud of every single animal harvest regardless.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a great post!

I've shot a total of 5 deer with my bow and I'm just as proud of any one of them as the others. My favorite and most memorable hunts are of a doe and a spike. I made a less-than-perfect shot on a doe andhit her through the shoulder.I had to track her forwell over 100-yards in the dark through some pretty thick stuff. I was pretty proud of finding her. And the spike was taken on the ground at 15-feet!

I agree 100% that any animal taken with a bow should be considered a trophy. Antlers are nice, but they don't taste as good as the meat from a yearling doe!

Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a nice basket 8 pointer in MA last Tuesday that would score around 65". I'll tell you what... i am d$%& proud of that deer. I have been hunting a great deal of public land here in Massachusetts very hard for the past 4 years and this is only the 2nd "rack" buck I have had a shot opportunity at in as long. The first I missed...
Anyway, It was an intense hunt and I made a heck of a shot.
I'm proud of everything I shoot w/ the bow and won't let anyone say other wise... but he I am exceptionally proud of.
Great post guys.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:05 AM

I killed a 8pt. October 22 with my bow. It is my best buck with my bow. Well I have only shot one other buck and it was a 6pt. I rough scored the antlers and it scored 125 3/8, but I'm sure it would be less with a professional scoring it. I just hope it wouldnet at least 120.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Spike

I agree that any animal taken with a stick and string is truly a trophy!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM

yeah i shot my first deer with a bow this year and it was a doe a good size one, but now i am hooked and don't hunt deer with anything but my old school darton titian
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

I love deer hunting and get pumped up on every deer I shoot, and so does my 2yr old daughter

Quick Reply: Annual: Be Proud of What You Shoot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.