Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Bear

Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 PM

Default RE: My First Bear

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

MOM/SWD who is totally AWESOME!!!!went on thehunt(along with her husband Ron who is so much fun)with us had given me her cell phone to use because mine did not work up there.

The outfitter says I am the first woman hunter in his camp,

Can I get aHECK Yeah!
Other than MOM/SWD you were the first woman in camp. Sorry, that was a typo, I fixed that. MOM/SWD is an awesome hunter, tons of dedication and very knowledgable. I learned alot from her.

Congratulations hoytgirl, you bring back memories from my own bear hunt in Quebec. Knowing I was the only human being with 10 miles of myself was humbling enough. Add the element that black bears were expected added unnecessary stress to that situation, that and black flies. I took my bear the second night on stand and was excited as any whitetail I've taken. I had to laugh, I was a Pennsylvanian, in Quebec bear hunting, a whitetail hunter at heart, saw something black and thought, what the hell is that? Imagine my surprise..LOL [8D]

Let me ask you this, does the outfitter sit on stand with first time male clients or did you or HCH request that? The outfitter was awesome and would do anything within reason for anybody that was in his camp. And he did not sit with me, his sons girlfriend did. She was awesome, 20 years old and did alot of the bear baiting by herself, she was very knowledgable about the wildlife in the area.

I loved my bear hunt and had a full mount done. Here he is before and after of a much much younger Rob/PA Bowyer.

Beautiful bear, congrats,and really cool mount that is the same type of mount that I am planning on doing.

You deserve your, HELL YEAH! Thanks.

Rob
Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 PM

You deserve your, HELL YEAH!

Rob
I was gonna give ya your 1st, but Rob beat me to it. I'll take 2nd's anyday though.

HELL YEAH!! WAY TO GO HOYTGIRL!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

MOTOWNHONKEY-The guides in camp said the same thing about bottling the pee. They teased me all week.

Exocet77-Good luck on your bear hunt!

CougarMaq-I will post later tonight in the poll.

RDHunter- Thank you and I will tell Hardcore hello for you.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats hoytgrl! Great bear, im gonna try to get my first one this year as well. Now focus on the deer, we need the points for our team
Old 09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Site Buck Guru

Good job. Nice bear.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM

Congrats. Nice Bear. My Dad and I are setting up a trip in a year or so to go to Canada to Bear hunt. I can't wait.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wonderful story and great bear. At least you were done being bare when you got your bear! LOL I'll bet HCH is way proud and happy for you!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

HELL YEAH!!! Way to go!! There is nothing like the adrenaline rush of taking a bear with a bow...I live for it.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's to you Hoyt Girl ,I too got my first bear this season and I'm definately going to be looking forward to next season . My bear wasn't as big ,but he's every bit the trophy .

nubo
Old 09-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your Bear, and good luck for the future.

Quick Reply: My First Bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.