Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Bear

Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Default My First Bear

OMG!!! How awesome is bear hunting!!!! Other than getting married and having my son this was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Canada is beautiful, and the area we hunted was AWESOME. The first night we hunted I had a guide go and sit with me on stand to get me comfortable with the area. The second night I was ready to brave it myself, so, I had the outfitter drop me off at my tree stand 7 miles away from anywhere. He dropped me off about 2pm. I sat there bow in hand till about 3:30pm and was really proud of myself for being brave and able to hang there by myself. Then I realized I had to pee, so I bent down and peeed through the slats on the tree stand. You men have it so much easier than us women when it comes to stuff like that. And yeah, I know, you are not supposed to pee when out on stand. I really had to go though. Anyway, no sooner than I got my pants pulled back up and sat down, grabbed my bow, I heard a noise coming. It was a bear!!!! Man that will make your heart pump. As I watched him I noticed that he was not going for the bait, he was coming toward me!!!!When he got to me he smelled under the stand where I had peeed, then started up the first two rungs of the tree stand ladder. He then walked around the stand to an embankment and crawled up it toward the stand, stood up, and ended up with his face about 3 feet from mine. Talk about and an "OH *&^%" moment!!! Then he smelled the bait. He walked to the clearing toward the bait, got on his belly, and craweled to the bait on his belly, grabbed a donut, then backed out back on his belly to my stand, went under my stand and ate the donut looking up at me all the time. He did this for an hour!!!!!!! Hardcore had given me a pudding jello mixture to bring with me that I had poured over the baiting log; I had placed the empty container behind a tree. Finally the bear decided he needed that bag, stood up, reached this front leg out, and I shot!!!! After I shot him he growled fell on his butt, and moved back and forth for a while. Then he got up and walked a few steps, would fall, then get back up etc.., he did this for about 5 minutes, then I heard the death moan and he was out. After I heard the moan, I waited for about an half an hour to make sure I did not hear anymore movement. My legs by the way were shaking like crazy it was funny.MOM/SWD who is totally AWESOME!!!!went on thehunt(along with her husband Ron who is so much fun)with us had given me her cell phone to use because mine did not work up there. I was shaking so bad that I could not even hold her phone without dropping it, so I just set it beside me on the stand for about another 30 minutes till I stopped shaking. Called the outfitter, then got down and started to look for my bear!!! When the outfitter got there he was shocked to find me out looking for the bear, he said that most men will not even get down out of the stand till he gets there. Anyway it was getting really dark so we marked last blood went back to camp and went back in the morning to get him. He was about 5 feet from last blood about 30 yards from my stand. Here are some pics of my bear, and also one of the outfitter and the bear and me. The outfitter saysthat MOM/SWD and I arethe first woman hunters in his camp, I am the first womanto kill a bear in the area, and also I got the third largest bear this season. He was around 230lbs. He had already been gutted when we took the photos. Anyway, everyone should do this once it was awesome!!!

Can I get aHECK Yeah!Hgirl
Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 PM

Default RE: My First Bear

Awesome!

Congratulations, thats a nice bear!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet, sounds like a blast. You wouldn't consider botteling that pee would ya?
Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey girl, nice bear thats awsome.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:06 PM

Great job Hoytgirl!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Nice bear, i hope to go bear hunting someday as well.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice story and pics!!! Congrats!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

so I bent down and peeed through the slats on the tree stand.
That has to be illegal baiting.[8D][8D] Congrats girl.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Congratulations, nice bear and great story. I would love to bear hunt in canada some day.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome Job!! Booked my bear hunt last weekend for next year. Hope I get as lucky as you.

Quick Reply: My First Bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.