HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My First Bear
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
huntingdiva1

Default RE: My First Bear

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: hoytgirl

MOM/SWD who is totally AWESOME!!!!went on thehunt(along with her husband Ron who is so much fun)with us had given me her cell phone to use because mine did not work up there.

The outfitter says I am the first woman hunter in his camp,

Can I get aHECK Yeah!
Other than MOM/SWD you were the first woman in camp. Sorry, that was a typo, I fixed that. MOM/SWD is an awesome hunter, tons of dedication and very knowledgable. I learned alot from her.

Congratulations hoytgirl, you bring back memories from my own bear hunt in Quebec. Knowing I was the only human being with 10 miles of myself was humbling enough. Add the element that black bears were expected added unnecessary stress to that situation, that and black flies. I took my bear the second night on stand and was excited as any whitetail I've taken. I had to laugh, I was a Pennsylvanian, in Quebec bear hunting, a whitetail hunter at heart, saw something black and thought, what the hell is that? Imagine my surprise..LOL [8D]

Let me ask you this, does the outfitter sit on stand with first time male clients or did you or HCH request that? The outfitter was awesome and would do anything within reason for anybody that was in his camp. And he did not sit with me, his sons girlfriend did. She was awesome, 20 years old and did alot of the bear baiting by herself, she was very knowledgable about the wildlife in the area.

I loved my bear hunt and had a full mount done. Here he is before and after of a much much younger Rob/PA Bowyer.

Beautiful bear, congrats,and really cool mount that is the same type of mount that I am planning on doing.

You deserve your, HELL YEAH! Thanks.

Rob