Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Latest overrated fad? >

Latest overrated fad?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Latest overrated fad?

Old 09-07-2006, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Latest overrated fad?

Not attempting to bash, but this was the most telling statement in the original post: "How about the "parallel limb" bow?I have not shot a bow of this type". It is impossible to carry on a dialogue with someone who shoots something down without even trying it or ventures an opinion without the required experience.

Even products, which at first glance seem somewhat gimmicky, such as the previously mentioned air rest, might actually be the precursor to the next generation of rest styles. The first drop-aways had some bugs to be ironed out, but I am thankful to the original inventors because they paved the way to rests like the Muzzy Zero Effect. I've shot thousands of arrows with it without any noticeable flaws. What more can I say, technology is our friend. No one forces anyone to buy something they don't want. As far as cost goes, there are certainly many things that I'd like but can't afford...calling them fads smacks of sour grapes.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pendulum sights are a total gimmick. They are the most UN-necessary piece of hunting equipment I have ever seen. Anybody that is accurate with a pendulum sight would be every bit as accurate with a normal sight.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey ghemry, this topic isn't "irrelevant" (spelled correctly)because there is alot of crap on the market today.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

To each their own. Some swear by their carbon suits. Some swear by ground blinds and that they are as necessary as someone using a treestand. Some swear by rangefinders, etc. I use none of those because I choose not to, but I won't call them a worthless fad. If someone uses a product and it increases their success because it really does help OR because it increases confidence then its worth it.

By the way, on parallel limb bows.......................you won't believe how little hand shock their is shooting one! Because the riser is longer(even on a shorter axel to axel bow) and because of the parellel limb angle, upon the shot the force or recoil is spent upwards from the top limb and downwards from the bottom limb(negating recoil) instead of outwards which does little to negate recoil. Shoot one and be amazed!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

STS
Old 09-07-2006, 06:07 PM

I agree there is alot of crap on the market today.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The part about ground blinds I do not agree with,you might try one
before you put it down.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Pendulum sights are a total gimmick. They are the most UN-necessary piece of hunting equipment I have ever seen. Anybody that is accurate with a pendulum sight would be every bit as accurate with a normal sight.

BS!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My vote goes to "Complaining about hunting tactics/gear/techniques/shows/videos/clothing/sayings on message boards"
Old 09-07-2006, 08:17 PM

Amen, HNIJustin!"hunting tactics/gear/techniques/shows/videos/clothing/sayings on message boards" is exactly what I come here for. Best regards,

Red

Quick Reply: Latest overrated fad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.