Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite stand names >

Favorite stand names

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite stand names

Old 09-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Favorite stand names

My favorite.. we call it "Coles Stand"
It's really a funny story..I'm 15 and got a buddy named Cole.. We where bowhuntin at my Uncles farm and I put him in one stand that one of uncles friends had put up.. I didnt think it would be a big deal since we are all friends and just let eachother hunt out ofany stand ...Well it was right after day light when the friend of my uncles came down on a four wheeler just checkin on things.. He saw some 15 year old kid he had never seen sittin in his stand... He jumped off that four wheeler and gave him a big chewin..Cole finnaly got the words out "im with jarrod" and hesimmered down lol... any way cole just went back up to camp bc he didnt want to bother my hunt..when i got back to camp i heard about all the stuff that went on... So we picked up an old stand that my dad used many years ago and we put in a spot where i had seen the deer traveling... We got it set up and he hunted it that evening (he saw a bunch of deer)..turns out to be my favortie stand on the property.. I guess it didnt turn out all that bad afterall