Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite stand names >

Favorite stand names

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite stand names

Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Favorite stand names

I'm sure I'm not the only one that names their stand locations. I can tell my buddies "I am hunting _______ today, and they know exactly where I am gonna be. Some of my 'hall of fame' stand names are...

1) trick knob...bucks would bust us every time walking into this place until we figured it out. Now it is good for at least one hat-racker a year.

2) double buck...while hanging a tree stand, 2 six pointers walked within ten yards of me. I've killed several deer and a bear in this spot.

3) bullwinkle...had a big ole bull moose lay right at the base of my tree, no matter what I did he wouldn't move.

4) burning tree...a big ole hemlock tree got popped by lightning. It literally smoldered fora week. On one particularly windy day you could look inside a knothole and see the insides glowing orange.

What have you named your 'honey holes'?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite stand names

The sweet spot, and Taj Mahal are probably the two coolest names I have. APAJaws has some cool stand names including the "Love Shack". [8D]
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 AM

I have one called the Slaughter Pen, after a spot at the Gettysburg Battlefield.
Another is just called The Stand. Needless to say, it gets hunted alot.
I have another called The Condo. It is a triple-tree permanent stand that sits like a condo..obviously.
The Pine Patch is another...not really the name for an exact stand, but rather for an area you set-up in.
Another one is Remember That Year You Missed That Ten Pointer At Ten Yards....I dont like that name. I didnt miss him though, someone else did...
Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite stand names always come from the last deer that I or someone elsetook/saw out of them.

"The stand I shot my first buck out of"
"The stand I saw the 20" 6pt from"
"The stand grandpa took his first deer from"
"The stand you (my dad) shot your doe from"
"The stand that..." etc

Thats how I name our stands.....we do have other names they go by...mainly by their location...North of Field, In the Pines, Clover Stand, Funnel Stand...etc.

It all depends
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one stand that my hunting buddies and I call the "hill-billie" stand. It was on the property when my father-in-law bought the land and it is a home made stand that can hold two to three people and is red...yes...red! I live in Texas and it doesn't get any more redneck than that! Deer don't seem to have a problem with it though...I guess because it has been there for so long.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have acouple stands that are named...

1. Neck Stand - Back in the neck bend of a field
2. Seat Belt Stand - My oldest stand ever, which is held to the tree by seat belts. Works great and is still strong after many years.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

1.The Burial grounds
2.TV Corner
3.Nanny Goat Hill
4.The Cherry tree
5.Picnic table
6.Squirrel Hill
Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knob Hill, Buck Hill, North West Coroners Office, River Run Stand, The Condo, Pine Tree Resort, Outhouse Stand, Rocky Knoll, Swaily, and Infamous Killing tree.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are all pretty self explanatory.

The Willow (the willow tree)

Cotton Fork (forked cottonwood)

The treehouse (an old huge homemade stand)

Taj Mahal (a monster of a stand that my buddy's dad built. he doesn't like treestands, so he welded up this huge tower with a super sturdy ladder, and a truck camper shell on the top. He put in apair of silent swivel boat seats, carpet and painted the whole thing camo.)
Old 09-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rick James

The sweet spot, and Taj Mahal are probably the two coolest names I have. APAJaws has some cool stand names including the "Love Shack". [8D]
Yep you read that right!!
We have the shanty, the love shack, rolands rock, petes stand, sidehill stand, the cross roads, runway stand, the foundation, the truckcap blind, the bridge, the rockwall and a newly named stand in matts honor....the crapper stand

Quick Reply: Favorite stand names

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.