Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Recommend a Broadhead >

Recommend a Broadhead

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Recommend a Broadhead

Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Recommend a Broadhead

Ok....since most of you helped me with my questions about mechs.....( it doesn't seem like I have the power to shoot them ) ....what about a fixed? I shoot a Hoyt MagnaTec...Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250 arrows..28 1/2 " .......@ 55 lbs.....I have Nap Thunderhead 100 grain....I think I want to try something else.....I heard that Fuse makes a good one that flies well...any comments would be great...my fault for waiting so long, but now my season isa little over a month away, and I need to get this figured out. Thanks, Jay
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Recommend a Broadhead

Why change from the Thunder 100s? I shoot those and lovem.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM

I shoot a compleat one peice montec 100 grain and it is hassel free and has never failed me.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:12 PM

Can you crank you bow down to get some more Power out of it?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Give Stingers or Muzzy a try, I don't think you'll be dissapointed with either head.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

If the ThunderHeads work, why change?
If, however, you're looking for something different (better?), try the Magnus Stinger (Buzz Cut)...it's AWESOME!
Good luck!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:31 PM

That's part of it...they don't fly very well for me.....my Dad has them, and he has problems with them as well....I'm fairly new to this game, so spinning arrows and tuning broadheads is like me explaining how to fix a motor over the web....it's tough...I tried spinning a couple arrows...they don't seem to wobble..but they don't fly straight either...does it matter how much you tighten them? ot which way the blades are facing in relation to the fletch?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

the magnus stinger buzzcuts are awesome... wicked sharp out of the box, and fly almost perfectly with your fieldpoints. They are great heads
Old 09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Get 'em tight! Other than that, I don't think it matters anymore about aligning your blades with your fletching. Too much offset/helical/etc.
I do know this....ANY little error in form will be magnified when shooting fixed-blade broadheads.
Lots of folks switch to mechanicals to compensate for poor form.
DON'T DO IT!
Get your form right...and consistent!
Have someone watch you shoot....or better yet,record yourself shooting. You'll learn a lot, and just maybe straighten' out those broadheads!

Now then....having said all that....spend $20 and experience the consistency of Magnus Stingers!

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

STINGERS !!! I had the same problem with NAP Thunderheads...they didnt fly right. So I bought some Stingers (4 blade) and they hit 1inch lower than my fieldpoints...and they are consistant. BUt like tarheel hunter said...fixed bh's do magnify any error in form.

Quick Reply: Recommend a Broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.