Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Theft of a Deer

Old 11-08-2002, 05:57 PM

Default Theft of a Deer

My neighbor came back from hunting in Main with his buddy and shot a 239lb 10pt buck. When he came home his friends came to look at the deer, they all went into the house to talk. The deers owners daughter looked out her bedroom window to see a pickup truck driving down her driveway with her dads deer on the back. After calling the police, gamewardens ect, they knew who the truck belonged to. The game wardens were looking for the deer, and owner that evening to no avail. The following day a neighbor was outside waiting for a contracter and noticed something shiney in the gully along side the road.He went over to find a nice big buck with a Main tag on it.He called the warden and the warden told him he was looking for that deer all night, and that it was stolen. This house from where the deer was stolen from was about 200yds down the road. It just so happens while the warden was looking for the guy who owns the pickup truck, he found a pair of coveralls with deer hair and blood all over them at the owners house. They are in the process of getting DNA done, and still trying to locate the guy who took it even though he lives local. The owner of the deer gave the neighbor a $500 dollar reward, and is going to press full charges. This made it into the newspaper this morning. Unbeleavable
Old 11-08-2002, 06:00 PM

Default RE: Theft of a Deer

who would steel a deer what a jerk I dont know what else to say so peace
Jeff
"Stop Hacking, get out of the woods"

Old 11-08-2002, 07:00 PM

I am glad they caught that jerk. I could never figure out why in the world anyone would want to steal someone else's deer? What do they get out of it? Even if they tell everyone they shot it deep down that person knows it is someone else's deer. Go figure!
Old 11-09-2002, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The world is sure full of idiots.............
Old 11-09-2002, 05:35 AM

what a bonehead!!!

hunt on hunt hard eat well
Old 11-09-2002, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

My uncle had a 10 point buck stollen from his house years ago.He was not so lucky.They cut the deer up and chopped up the rack trying to make it look like the buck had broken his tines .The meat was full of hair and the rack was trashed.The guy that took the deer only got a slap on the hand.$50 dollar fine.Sad