Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another Treestand theft !!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Treestand theft !!

Well it has been a few years since I lost a stand but I lost one this weekend. Some lowlife S.O.B. stole my Summit Viper off my carport Saturday or Sunday. I would have not been suprised had it been afixed stand that was left in the woods, but off my own carport really ticks me off. It ticks me off because I knowI should have known better. Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Default RE: Another Treestand theft !!

thats messed up.... I bought a small motion activated camera after someone broke into my wifes car, Its wireless and downloads images to my lap top which I can view at work.... whole thing was less than 200 bucks...makes a nice little spy cam......
Old 11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone that you know or a neighbor.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Spike

After my truck being robbed several years ago and losing hundreds of dollars worth tools, I never leave anything unlocked outside. It sucks but it's not worth the risk to me anymore. Sorry man, we've all been there.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM

It really takes a low-life to steal something that someone else has worked to earn. If you find or catch them, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Spike

The farm I hunt on has had 3 ladder stands, a ground blind, and a game camera stolen in the past 2 years, all were at least 1/4 mile from the nearest public road. I won't leave anything there any more, not even with a lock and chain. Heck, the owner had his Jeep Cherokee stolen from his driveway while he was mowing the lawn. He backed it out of the garage so he could get the mower out, then started mowing. He made a couple of passes in the front yard, and turned around just in time to see the Jeep fly out of the driveway. This place is in the middle of nowhere, the closest town is 30 miles away (10,000 people). The Jeep was recovered a couple of weeks later, but they had done quite a bit of damage. No treestands have been recovered.

Jason
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Spike

People are ruthless. I had my weedeater and leaf blower stolen out of my garage while my wife was home for lunch! Then, they got my neighbors 2 days later! At least, they took the cheap stuff and left the $250 waders.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry about your loss and I know my story has no great loss but but listen to my treestand story.

I have had a lot of problems with someone messing with one of my wooden ladderstands. It is on my neighbors land and she is an old lady that does not hunt. She has over 200 acres and there is 6-8 people alowed to hunt it. It started with some one laying my stand down and every time I went to in it was down. Then one day i went to in the guy had taken it down and broken my top step w/ an ax.I Fixed it, moved it , and put it back up. Then I was climbing up it, got to the top as it fell over, I jumped off out of the way and landed on my bow pins, HE had taken my straps and and put it back up. what an ass! I did not even hunt it the next year, the following year I went in and put a new platform on the stand, 2 weeks later I went back and 6 of the 8 steps had been cut off with a chainsaw. so again i did not go back there that year. This year I went in just to see if my platform and stepless aldder was still up and there was a metal ladder stand 10 yds from my tree. I guess this guy did not want me there.

I would have given up on this area a long time ago but there are some huge bucks in this area, but now after 4 years I have had enough of this crap. Also the thought of messing with this guys stand came to me, but then i would be no better than him. Also there was another person that had a $300 climber stolen from a tree in the woods, the lock was cut.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

My brother has had a stand or two ripped off. I lock mine and I guess if they want it that bad, come get it....just better hope I'm goneor my aim is off.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 PM

zmschillin, I would've made an effort to confront the low life you were dealing with. If you had permisson then he had no right to do the things he was doing.

Quick Reply: Another Treestand theft !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.