Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!! >

TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!!

My BRAND NEW lock on is gone. along with the ladder i had for it. This really burns me up this is the 3rd one ive had stolen anyone know any good ways to get back at them if i find them or do something im really really mad now how can i catch them!?!?!?!?[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Bartender

Default RE: TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!!

3X now, All I can say is dont leave it out sorry
Old 06-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ouch I have been lucky never had something stolen
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I always lock mine to the tree and remove the bottom section of the ladder when I will not be hunting for a while. As for what to do when you find him, find his vehicle after he goes into the woods, flatten all 4 tires, bust out every light, (if diesel, pour gas into his tank), and last but not least, take a shoot on his hood! Or you could call the local game warden, which all my stand have my name and # etched into them in a hidden spot.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I use a climber and always take it. I hear too many stories about people's lock-ons. I'dsticka cheap one out there with nails up through the seat that are hidden by the cushion. That should fix the SOB.

I had a cheap climber that I used to hide in my spot a few years ago and someone stole it. The darn thing weighed about 55 lbs due to the 3/4" plywood base.

I don't understand why people do this stuff. I've seen guy's climbers out all the time and wouldn't think about stealing one.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to mention
All were locked this new one i put chain on and i put an Ameristep?? lock on it they cut both, my ladder was hidden in a brush pile locked to a tree that lock is cut too I hate these people who call themselfs "sportsmen"
Ryan[:@]
Old 06-25-2007, 07:36 PM

I would buy another one...put it in an obvious, wide openspot...grab 2 cases of 30pk Coors Light....a .30-06 and plenty of camo. Sit and wait.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Go buy another cheap or used stand, put it in the same tree, set up a trail camera, (day time only or IR) and catch a picture of them. A friend of mine did this, saw the guy at the check in station a week later, called game warden, went to his house and he had over 100 stands, many of which were for sale! Got busted!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd recommend investing in a good kryptonite motorcycle lock and chain in the future. Those things are impossible to cut or brake.

Well worth the $120.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=7497&department=640&divisi on=6

Strutnbuck,

that's a great idea unless the guy finds the trail cam too. [&:]
Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM

$120 for a chain!!!! I like my solution better. At least it is entertaining.

Quick Reply: TREESTAND THEFT!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.