Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biskit

Old 08-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biskit

I'm havinga little trouble with my arrow patterns, a lot actually. My arrows are hitting sorta tilted to the left and I'm shooting 18" groups at 20 yards, thats not a typo. I've had it tuned at the sport store that I bought it and it hasn't made any difference. I did notice that the whisker biskit is tilted down a little, so its not quite perpendicular to the arrow. Do you guys think this could cause whats going on here?
Old 08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Biskit

From the way you describe what's going on, I'd say it's a real possibility. The Biscuit has to beadjusted properly for it to work properly.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

It sounds like your Wisker Biskit needs adjusting... When I look at mine it is not tilted at all.

Chris
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Site Bouncer

It sounds like it's out of adjustment.

A good rule of thumb to go by with Whisker Biscuits is this: Start out with the biscuit straight not tilting forward or back. Make sure your arrow is levelwhen it sits in the biscuit (90% to the string) Last make sure the biscuit is set up with a true centershot with the string. I set all of mine up that way including adjusting the tiller to even. At this point I start to fine tune. I have found that it doesn't take much adjustment from those basic settings to get it shooting great. No fletching wear....no noise.

Also make sure you have the correct size opening for the arrows you are shooting. You should see light all around your arrow except for the bottom where it rests on the black bristles.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Either you form is horrible,or it is not properly adjusted level and center.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75

Either you form is horrible,or it is not properly adjusted level and center.
I was shooting fine until afew days ago, 1-2" grouping at 20 yds. I haven't had time to tinger with the biscuit quite yet but thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

are you sure you dont have a broken limb... thats quite a drastic change

Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go to a Better Pro Shop, apparently the guy that put it on didnt know what he was doing. You are way out of alignment. You can do it yourself if you have a bow square but if you havent worked with anything like this i want you to take to another shop if its available as an option. or what you can try to do is adjust it so its perpandicular, and then make the adjustments after each shot. Its a simple rest to work with. Some have 3 points of reference you may have to adjust.