Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Whisker Biskit  ????  or gold key Premier >

Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

I've got a Gold Key Premier rest on my PSE 2004 Bruin, but as I shoot (40+ arrows a day) I notice that when I draw back the arrow (PSE radial x weave pro 300) will drop between the forks. I'm concerned with the thought of glueing the forks in place.

I bought a Whisker Biskit QS and am debating on whether or not puttin' it on the bow. Has anyone had problems with the whisker biskit? any advice would be great.. .season opens on oct 4th.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

I use a whisker biskit on my bow ,never had any problems.
Arrows fly straight & true.
Only problem I heard was you loose 1-2 sec. of arrow speed.
I don't think the buck I shot saw the differance
Old 08-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Whisker biscuit is the way to go
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM

Do long shots with the whisker biscuit give you guys any problems? Do you use a release with the WB a well? Because I finger shoot with the WB and at 20 yards the arrows fly everywhere!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're happy with the Premier you could always post over in the GFK forums and one of the techs will probably have an answer for you. http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/cgi-bin/gkforum/cutecast.pl
Old 08-31-2005, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have always shot with both the Golden Premiers and the Infinitys on all my bows...even now. I am curious as to your description of the problem. Are you saying that as you draw back the arrow somehow falls between the prongs before you are at full draw? That would and could indicate a few things to me.

One, your release or nockset style is exhibiting a great deal of downward pressure on your arrow during the draw cycle thus forcing it down between the prongs. Two, your prongs are set a bit too wide and, three, your arrow shafts are somehow tapered.

Disregard that last one.

Try adjusting the prongs for a slightly tighter gap. There is no sense in buying a whole new rest when you can simply remedy your problem. Having said that though, the WB is a very popular and effective hunting rest. I set up more of them for customers down at the shop in comparison to any other rest we carry....5 to 1 easily.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Spike

I gave the whisker biscuit an honesttry this summer and took it off this week. I can't say I had any problems with the rest, I just wasn't satisfied with the accuracy, range and noise compared to my previous rest. I also found that it was hard on feathers and vanes.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:10 AM

I agree with North 4. There is just no comparing a whisker biscuit to a shoot thru or drop away that has no contact clearance. If you are looking for a shoot thru type with no fletching contact I strongly recommend the Quiktune 360 by NAP.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:00 AM

i heard that if you shoot tons then thhe biskit will wear. the pro shop guy told me if i am going to shoot more than none i should get a drop away because noting can really wear like the biskit can. Pistol Pete.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:29 AM

i think that part of the reason for the arrow slipping between the forks is due to excess vibration of the bow itself. the vibes loosen the set screw that holds the forks in the rest bracket. .. .i'v had this problem from day one with this bow and have changed a few things on the bow to attempt to control the vibes, but i have not put a different stablizer on it 1. cause if it aint broke don't fix it (i kill deer with my rig so why change things) 2. i'm not sure what stablizer to get that will help me the most for my money (gas is $3.09 for regular and my truck gets 14mpg)

Quick Reply: Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.