Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen trail cam >

Stolen trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen trail cam

Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Default RE: Stolen trail cam

Man all you guys sound like you hunt in missouri but i guess people like that are every wheres now a days. Last year i had a stand up on private ground it even had a log chain on it, they even tried cutting on the tree , but the log chain worked.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks...what has this world come to? I am sorry to hear that.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 PM

I only use the "cheap" cameras, the $100 ones as I just cant get myself to spend the 3 or 400 bucks on a cuddeback and walk away from it, all by itself in the woods.

I have had both stands and cameras stolen on private land soI knowhow you feel. I started printing up professional looking labels and laminating them to my treestands and cameras. The labels say something to the effect of, "United States Government Property, Fish and Wildlife Service, This GPS tracked camera is part of study #XXXXXXXX, disturbance of this equipment is against the law." Well obviously it is a line of BS, but knock on wood, I have not had any stolen since I started using it. I think mostpeopel wouldalso think it is BS but it might put just enough doubt in someones head to not take it.

I thought chain and padlock would also work put they cut those.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM

wow that sucks why cant people respect things anymore i mean if someone is that desperate for something what is to say that they wont do anything worse than that. The idea for putting the stickers on them is a great idea and would put doubt in anyones mind.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain. I had one stolen last year in the middle October. I would love to get my paws on the guy that did it, the worst part is - is i think i know who did it, just can't prove it.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like the idear of GPS tracking.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MR.D

I get the idea of treble hooking butnot how you would do it.
Can you explain?
All that is needed are some 8"-10" wire leaders some dry wall screws and some super glue.
put a treble hook on one end of the wire leader and then screw the other end to the tree where you can mount your camera over the screw .then place your cammera how you want it ,then carefully glue one or more of the hooks to the back of your camera housing where the dumbazz will reach to steal it. After a quick jab he will jerk his hand back setting the hooks when it reaches the end of the leader.Your friend will be standing there when you get back or you should be able to follow the blood trail to him.This works well with just about any of your valuables.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Interesting idea Bwanajim , and probably illegal as hell , man traping usually is and it gives the jerk perfect grounds for a lawsuit .

If you want to keep your trailcams invest in a bear guard for them , if your particular mfr doesn't sell them they're pretty simple to fabricate .
Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Interesting idea Bwanajim , and probably illegal as hell , man traping usually is and it gives the jerk perfect grounds for a lawsuit .

If you want to keep your trailcams invest in a bear guard for them , if your particular mfr doesn't sell them they're pretty simple to fabricate .
If you are on my land caught trying to steal my stuff you are fair game. And of course you would have to reach your lawyers office .
Old 08-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I can completely understand everyones feeling on this topic... I left Diesel77 a voice mail two days ago telling him that someone tried to steal one of my trail cams. I use a Kryptonite cable lock and someone obviouslly tried to cut it. The real problem with these
thieves is that nice people that allow hunting on their property hear stories like this and they just end it all. The cut off all sccess to their property so they don't have to deal with such situations. Un f ing believeable!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate crooks!!!![/align]

Quick Reply: Stolen trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.