Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen trail cam >

Stolen trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen trail cam

Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 AM

Default RE: Stolen trail cam

Sorry to hear about your luck.

Thats one of the main reasons I haven't purchased a trail cam yet. I don't have private land to put it out but when did theives ever care about trespassing?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Interesting idea Bwanajim , and probably illegal as hell , man traping usually is and it gives the jerk perfect grounds for a lawsuit .

If you want to keep your trailcams invest in a bear guard for them , if your particular mfr doesn't sell them they're pretty simple to fabricate .
Actually im not sure if thats illegal or not, for one hes tresspassing, there for you are not responsible for any injuries that may occour while he/she is illegally on your land. Therefore any judge in his right mind would dismiss the charges against you and favor you in the case. The theif would be charged with Tresspassing, theft of private property and possibly damage to private property. I know in Wi if someone accesses private land with out permission of the owner and causes any type of damage, this includes rutting of fields, the cutting of trees, cutting fences etc, he or she will be charged with felony destruction of private property and face up to 5 years in jail and pay for any damages or return, or pay for stolen property.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

"any judge in his right mind" is the problem. Too many bleeding hearts wanting to make criminals into the "victim".
Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Now there's a case of not knowing the law.

"Common Sense" and the letter of the law have no correlation.

Bawana Jim's scenario would MOST DEFINITELY be against the law.

There was a business owner in Florida a few years back that had been broken into on several occasions. He decided law enforcement wasn't helping him, so he installed his own preventative measures. He let loose venomous snakes into his ductwork (where the perps were entering the bldg.).

You guessed it........he was charged when the perp tried to gain entry....and died in the ductwork.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Now there's a case of not knowing the law.

"Common Sense" and the letter of the law have no correlation.

Bawana Jim's scenario would MOST DEFINITELY be against the law.

There was a business owner in Florida a few years back that had been broken into on several occasions. He decided law enforcement wasn't helping him, so he installed his own preventative measures. He let loose venomous snakes into his ductwork (where the perps were entering the bldg.).

You guessed it........he was charged when the perp tried to gain entry....and died in the ductwork.

Jeff
Well best thing to do when you come to steal my stuff is have a leatherman tool with you to cut the wires.Wear a bullet proof vest & bring your lawyer.You will most likly need two of the three!!!!!!!!!!

And I hope the guy got the smell out of his duct work.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well yea, if you purposely put venomous snakes in your duct work you can expect someone to die from the snake bite. Thats considered murder. But if someone tresspasses on your land and causes damage or steals and attempts to steal from, and the person is injured you are not at fault. As long as everythign is in a natural state when the injury occours, nowmodifying a game came could be considered unatural state. Unless you can some how get around the truth that you modified it to keep squirrlles and bears from chewing on it or walking off with it.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I EVER caught anyone strealing anything from me wether its a trail cam, tree stand etc ... I would tie their a$$ up in a chair and force them to read ALL of Atlasman's posts!!!

Atlas, you know Im just messin bud [:-]
Old 08-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

If I EVER caught anyone strealing anything from me wether its a trail cam, tree stand etc ... I would tie their a$$ up in a chair and force them to read ALL of Atlasman's posts!!!

Atlas, you know Im just messin bud [:-]

I second that!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

The way I see it is in the end these thieves will all end up in a special part of hell.
It will be a great place to hunt , plenty of huge bucks , large tracks of land and only them all alone in a beautiful oak tree loaded with acorns.Everymorning the sun arises tofind the looser sitting in his stolen tree stand with a perfect breeze blowing in his face ,when the buck of a life time shows up feeding down the well worn trail leading right past our friend the buck master.As this great buck quarters away the smucksucker slowly draws his bow ,with a shot he has made over & over in his mind he gently touches the release only to watch his arrow pass harmlessly under the bucks belly.With a quick snort the buck of a life time disapears back to his haunt.

Just untill tomarrow when this will happen as it will forever!!!!!!!!!

Happy hunting Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 AM

2 years ago I had 3 tree stand stolen in the same weekend. They were all chained to the trees and on private land. One of them was a 2 man ladder stand that took my dad and I about half a day to lug into the woods and put up into that damn tree. I know who did it but have yet to run into him in the woods. He will know that I remember daily about his sticky fingers [:@]

Quick Reply: Stolen trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.