Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What length arrows? >

What length arrows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What length arrows?

Old 08-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What length arrows?

I Just picked up some Gold tip XT huntersthis weekend 5575's,and was wondering what length i should cut them too...i have been shooting carbon express 28" arrows which seem to fly nice.

My bow is set at about 58# as of right now and 60 is her max.
Just curious as to what length arrow most of you guys, that shoot around 60#sshoot?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What length arrows?

Each persons length is different and has nothing to do with poundage. Go to your pro shop and get measured.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:44 PM

Actually it has a LOT to do with poundage. Your draw length and draw weight will determine what spine you need. Since you aready have the arrows, you need to find out what length they need to be in order to be the proper spine for your set up.

However your correct AMO arrow length is 3/4 of inch less than your draw length.

But if your arrows are on the stiff side you could cut them a bit long to weaken the spine. If they are weak you could cut them shorter to stiffen them up. Providing you don't go so short they fall off your rest when you draw the bow back.

What kind of bow do you shoot, at what draw length and the peak draw weight it is set at measured by a scale, not what you think it is based on how many turns are on the limb bolts.

Paul
Old 08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Site Buck Guru

Can also depend upon brace height. I don't like to draw broadheads behind my bow hand. Nice to have them an inch or more in front of your hand.