Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 most hated tv hunting scenario >

most hated tv hunting scenario

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

most hated tv hunting scenario

Old 08-24-2006, 10:30 AM

Default most hated tv hunting scenario

ok, it's kind of a skew from the 'most hated phrases' thread, but this really got under my skin.

the worst... half a dozen guys in a pickup truck drive into an area where they know there are bears frequently. they set loose a few dogs which get on the bear's trail and chase it down and tree it. the dogs are barking wildly, which is the cue for the 'hunters' to leave the truck. all these people go walking into the woods in their blue jeans or shorts and follow the dogs barking sounds. they find this bear up a tree, and some dude shoots it with his bow and watches it fall to the ground then goes and claims it. and of course it was just an awesome hunt and such a challenge and the guy is so happy and proud of his first bow-kill bear.
why do they even allow things like this to air as 'hunting shows'???
Old 08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: most hated tv hunting scenario

A totally camo'd hunter, decked out head to foot in the lastest curb appeal outfit and then climbs into a enclosed elevated box blind with a high powered rifle. ???

Video footage from a treestand of a monster buck with absolutely no vegitation anywhere that deer could reach....ENCLOSURE.

Overly edited video, the Kisky's come to mind.

Anything with Steve Warrens face in it.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

OH and arse pokers...I yell at the screen when they do that....you need to check the eyes, not the hind end.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:43 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Baited Bear Hunts

BDC
Old 08-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

I hate when the camera is on one side of the deer and then the hunter comes walking up from the other side and he acts like he just found the deer. I know it is for effect but I want real. I enjoy watching them trail it.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Copper31

I hate when the camera is on one side of the deer and then the hunter comes walking up from the other side and he acts like he just found the deer. I know it is for effect but I want real. I enjoy watching them trail it.

Hahaha, ya thats pretty typical. They usually have someone go over wipe all the blood off, shove his tounge back in his mouth.

Notice how most the time theanimal is positioned where you cant see the entry wound, specially on the shots you know were terrible.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 AM

I hate when they walk up to a deer and scream "There he is" and then when the camera hits him he is placed conveniently in perfect posing position. How come the deer I come up on are tangled in thorn bushes or laying next to a bloody tree they ran smack into?? I guess these TV guys are just that good........their deer even die well

I hate when a dolled up chick is portrayed as anything but........don't play us like we are dumb and pretend she is out there based on her hunting ability.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry Drury calling a high fence operation an "Out Closure".[:'(]
Must make him feel good shooting a deer in a pen?[:'(]
Knowing all along thatdeer on the outside can't break in & ruin his shot.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The African Safari on OLN sucks more than anything else:

Two rich white guys drive around in a truck with 3 African tribesman looking at hundreds of animals who are not alarmed at all by the truck. Spot the one you want, get out, walk up to the animal who looks at you the whole time (what a stalk!). Get out your shooting sticks and high powered rifle as the animal watches you. The guide tells you the exact distance. You shoot (usually a gut shot) and the animal runs. The three African tribesman track the wounded animal for you. You arrive with the rifle for a follow up shot. Your guide and the three tribesman smile and shake hands with the great white hunter while you tell the camera how much danger you were in the entire time. Meanwhile the three black guys get to work gutting and quartering your "beast" for you.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM

i hate it when the host of the show brags about his 14 hour drive to his hunting spot in illinois, then gets out in front of the camera and explains how HE has scouted and finds a great place for a treestand 30 minutes after getting out of the truck....fast forward....as the million inch deer gets shot, the hunter expains how the scouting really paid off....well, i think we all know who got paid off.....the outfitter....

another one that gets me, pick up the phone and call any hunting celebrity, and invite him to hunt on your farm where you have a herd of 110 inch monsters......and wait by the door until they show up.....not going to happen......

Quick Reply: most hated tv hunting scenario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.