Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 trip to wally world >

trip to wally world

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trip to wally world

Old 08-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default trip to wally world

well i went to wally world, and i cant go in the store without checking out the hunting stuff.Well i left with limbsavers and a target.The limbsavers did wonders on my bow i was really impressed actually but what i really wanted to talk about was the target i bought.Its a foam target, for a about 27$ anyway it has 4 sides, 2 for broadheads and two for fp.Its really neat, duribility is alright actually i fired 50 shots into it tonight, including bh.I get about 6 inches of penetration.I think the diminsions on it are 20*18*16 or something like that.I believe it has layers stacked up back to back to back.with cardboard separating the layers.I figured the arrows would be hard to pull out but they are easier than any target ive seen.If you shoot mainly fp this target is awesome.If you are at wally world and have an extra 30 bucks i recommend you pick one up and try it.Id say itll atleast last me through hunting season
Old 08-27-2006, 08:58 PM

Default RE: trip to wally world

Yes, they work rather well, but it won't take long and it will be shot up, especially w/ BHs. Not much on longevity.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

i figured a pretty good bang for the buck, one a year or so, after i sight in bh's i rarely ever shoot them anymore
Old 08-27-2006, 09:20 PM

I picked up one of those Saturday. My old bag target was worn out. The arrows are tougher to pull out the new target, but I'll get used to it. With field points, my arrows go in about a third of the way at 20 yds., and up to the vanes at 30 yds.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are at wally world and have an extra 30 bucks i recommend you pick one up and try it.
Isn't that why people shop at wally go round is because they don't have an xtra $30???? lol!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good. I don’t personally support Wal-Mart but if it works for you then good find.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i bought the same target(knight and hale??) i fired 3 arrows into it. then went to retrieve them. alls i gota say is HOLY CRAP. yes i shot the FP side WITH FPs...i couldnt get them out for the life of me and my arrows went THROUGH stopping right before the fletchings!!! i was jacked. took me like a half an hour to get the 3 arrows out. sweating....and about ripping my muscles out..but i got my arrows out. i only shoot 260fps and around 60ft/lbs of energy. i know walmart will take ANYTHING back....i returned it! they put it back on the shelf i seen it there a week later!! lol..but i dont know why mine didnt work. i thought for the money it couldnt be beat.....HA! glad it works for you...after i bought it Buckmagnet warned me of the same thing i had happen....i bought a bag target at dicks for 30$ and for another 30 i bought another BH target at dicks...a big piece of DENSE foam. its only 2-3 inches thick..but stops BHs and FPs before my fletching! next year ill upgrade because i shot the stuffings out of the bag..(already covered it in burlap once) and the foam wont last forever i know....but maaaaan that target didnt work out for me. glad to hear it works for you....
Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 PM

was it the 4X4 Block. My Reflex drives the arrows through the opposite side at least a few inches. Usally..
Old 08-27-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Do you have a Tractor Suppy Company near you?

They use alot of foam packingin shipping.Most of the foam blocks are 16"x16"x16".They give you as many as you want and arrows come out of them easily.They also hold up verywell.
The guy who use to work on my bow at the pro shop turned me on to them.He was a great guy.It's to bad he moved to Delaware.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you have a Tractor Suppy Company near you?

yeah it was a 4x4 block