Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Thanks Wally World! >

Thanks Wally World!

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Thanks Wally World!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thanks Wally World!

I made a great steal, err, deal, thanks to Wally World's expertise!
I was looking for a scope and doing a little comparison shopping. Well, I ended up back at Wally World and ask the guy to let me look at a 150.00 Nikon Prostaff 3X9X40. It looked really good, so I ask to compare it to the 200.00 3X9X40 Buckmaster. Identical! I tell the guy, I want the 150.00 scope, so he scans the barcode, pulls out a box, it'sa Nikon Pro Staff. I show him that the scope marked 150.00 is different than the boxed scope that he was going to sell me! I tell him that I want the scope thats in the show case, he says OK, but it won't have a box!
I said, " that's OK I won't be needing the box!" Long story short, I got a Buckmaster for the price of a Pro Staff!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks Wally World!

Cool deal. That's a good scope for the money. Should serve you well. Congrats!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:52 AM

i went to a dicks sporting goods in the kansas city area a couple of years ago and was looking at scopes for my new varmint rifle when i noticed they didnt have a price on their bushnell 4200 elite 4x16x40. so i asked how much and the guy behind the counter didnt know and the barcode was not recognized by the scanner so he called the manager. evidentally the manager was an idiot and said "I DONT KNOW GIVE IT TO HIM FOR $99" so i promptly replied how many you got ill takeall 4 of them! These scopes were selling at cabelas at the time for over $400 so i returned them to a few differant cabelas stores on my way back to idaho for store creditand bought a Burris Black diamond 6x24x50 for around $700 along with a new reloading setup and some other goodies. now i know that wasnt very honest of me but every time i start shooting stuff at 500 yards it makes me fell all better again.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: duckslyr

i went to a dicks sporting goods in the kansas city area a couple of years ago and was looking at scopes for my new varmint rifle when i noticed they didnt have a price on their bushnell 4200 elite 4x16x40. so i asked how much and the guy behind the counter didnt know and the barcode was not recognized by the scanner so he called the manager. evidentally the manager was an idiot and said "I DONT KNOW GIVE IT TO HIM FOR $99" so i promptly replied how many you got ill takeall 4 of them! These scopes were selling at cabelas at the time for over $400 so i returned them to a few differant cabelas stores on my way back to idaho for store creditand bought a Burris Black diamond 6x24x50 for around $700 along with a new reloading setup and some other goodies. now i know that wasnt very honest of me but every time i start shooting stuff at 500 yards it makes me fell all better again.
Let me get this straight...Are you saying you deliberately, repeatedlydefrauded Cabela's by returning merchandise you hadn't bought there? And you're bragging about it in a public forum?

Nice ethics there, pal.

I suppose next you'll be telling us about the great buck you poached off your neighbor's property.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Moose, I'm not saying what he did was great ethically, but I'm sure CowBelly's sold the scopes for the same price and got their money back! It's not his fault the guy at the other store was too lazy to do his job!
In my case, it was an advertized price! Had they caught their "mistake," I'd have made them sell it to me for the posted price anyway, because it would be false advertizing otherwise!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

All ads have the disclaimer "not responsible for errors" which pretty much means unless they feel likeselling it for that price they don't have to do anything. It just happened to work in your favor.

As toduckslyr you are a thief! Not just a little dishonest
Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

yeah duckslyr that was a little dishonest...should have sold them on ebay instead so you would have had a clear conscious haha
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! Just WOW......
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Insane, but I don't here my phone ringing off the hook from all the stores which have done me wrong in the past!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not saying it's right, but nothing is just clear cut black and white anymore! I do think its perfectly OK to buy something at an advertized price.
Now, would it be different to keep them for personal use, differentto sell the extras on the street than to take them to another store for a return?
What did Cabelas really lose? The clerks time for the return and restocking? Paid by the hour! Paid for standing there or busting butt!
Another thing, does any store that takes returns without a store reciept, not know they are going to get returns that were not their sales?
I'm sure buying other stores returns, like shoplifting, is factored into the price we all pay!
I can't remember Wally World ever sending me a rebate check saying " we had less returns and thefts this yearthan we factored into the price you paid! Here's your share of the rebate!"
There are major differences in "legality" and "ethical!" Law, can be forced on you, even if you disagree! Ethics is more personal, and cannot be forced on anyone! Somethings that ARE ethical, are illegal, while somethings that are legal ARE un-ethical!
Some hotshot lawyer or gooberment official finds a "legal" loophole to put your Grandma in the street! So what!? Hey, it's legal!
But, lets all take the high-road and denounce Cabelas loosing a few pennies, in PROFIT, at that!

Quick Reply: Thanks Wally World!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.