Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Urban deer hunting/ Bowhinting >

Urban deer hunting/ Bowhinting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urban deer hunting/ Bowhinting

Old 11-07-2002, 09:02 PM

Default Urban deer hunting/ Bowhinting

Any one hunt urban areas? My parents own 8 acres that used to be farm lands but now its built up. I usually hunt bigger areas that are not urban, but since the time changed im forced to hunt there after work. Last year i went out there a few times and seen 3 deer the first day i was out and noting after that, but tonight i thought i would bait a spot with corn. The only thing bad about it is that i always hear dogs barking people yelling and just making all kinds of racket. Is it better to hunt in the morning or after noon? I seen the 3 deer in the morning last year. There is deer signs on the property and the propertys sourounding it. Anyone got any good advice on how to hunt it or what methods to take to help me get meat in the freezer? Thanks james
Old 11-07-2002, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Urban deer hunting/ Bowhinting

I live in the metro area of minnesota and I want to buy a permit next year to hunt on the state park with my bow they give out a set amount each year but i go up and look at deer all the time and theres big big bucks out there just the other night I saw the biggest deer I have ever seen a 12 point probably well over 300 pounds I looked at him through my binaculars and I wanted to hunt so bad right then but theres mass amounts of deer every day out where i am. Last year I hunted a spot up north neer leach lake and didn't see anything and I hunted in one weekend friday till monday morning about 20+ hours and saw nothing the only thing we saw the whole party I was in was a little little fawn so Im not positive but I think urban is sometimes better depending on where you hunt but if you have private land I think thats the best.

Jeff
"Stop Hacking, get out of the woods"
Old 11-07-2002, 09:16 PM

Where alowed 3 urban permits and i already bout one so i went to fill. maybe i'll have some luck on the bait pile. James
Old 11-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just hunt it like you would anywhere else. City deer are used to city sounds. The only problem I can see would be if the deer runs onto someone else's property to die. That can get touchy.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

james do not worry about the normal day to day sounds that the deer hear daily, hunt the area just like any other area, I got my first bowkill less than 400 yards from my neighborhood, urban deer once they have been hunted are just as wise as any other deer.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club