Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Always Check Your Equipment >

Always Check Your Equipment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Always Check Your Equipment

Old 08-22-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Always Check Your Equipment

I am posting this to maybe help someone else down the road. Yesterday My friends and I were shooting on our 3d course, I was shooting well and then all of the sudden on a 25 yard shot my arrow went under the target. I thought ok maybe I jerked really bad or punched my release. So we move on to the next target which is about 40 yards away; I shoot and the arrow goes over the target by a good 12-15 inches. Now I am relly confused, as I draw to shoot another arrow I see my rest is pointed straight up in the air. It had came loose and was causing me all sorts of problems. I typed all this to tell everyone to always check your equipment before you shoot. I know I tightened the rest down good because I just put it on about two weeks ago. So always check anything that can come loose before you shoot. Sorry for the long post, and good luck this season.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Always Check Your Equipment

Good words of wisdom my friend , thanks for passing that along.
A friend of mine that I hunt with every year took his bow out to practice and when pulled back ... KA POW .. one of limbs broke and hit him in his right eye.