Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tink's 69

Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tink's 69

I've had pretty good luck with Tinks 69...I think the key is to use it during the right time...I have had my best luck during the pre-rut, which is October here in NC...One location that I hunt is about 200 yards in the woods, beside one of our crop fields, there is an old logging road that runs through the woods, with two bedding areas close by and a good stand of white oaks which are usually dropping during this time of year...There is one holly tree that always has a scrape under it...I pour a half a bottle of Tinks in the scrape and hang 3-4 scent bombs (35mm containers with a cotten ball in) along the trail....At the end of the logging trail is a pine tree...I setup the area with Tinks and leave the area for 3-4 days....When I come back I drag a cloth with Tinks on my boots and hang my climber in the pine....

As you can tell, this is a good area to hunt because the does leave their bedding area and feed on the acorns before they hit the field...This is an area that I have hunted since 1975...I usually see deer, even without the Tinks...But...I see more bucks and bigger bucks cruising for does with the Tinks and since the scrape is already there I am just sweeting the pot...In addition, the area is pretty thick off the logging road, typically the bucks cross the road and stop, giving me a good shot while they are getting a nose full of Tinks...
Old 08-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Fork Horn

IF IT'S OUT THERE I HAVE USED IT. RECENTLY I HAVE HAD HALFWAY DECENT SUCCESS WITH PRIMETIME'S STILL STEAMIN'. IT IS A LARGER BOTTLE TOO SO YOU GET MORE BANG FOR YOUR "BUCK". ALTHOUGH WHENEVER I CAN I'LL USE SOME SCENTS FROM LOCAL DEER FARMS, MY THEORY IS IT IS FRESHER AND HAS LESS ADDITIVES.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't have shot my buck in 2004 without tinks. It was a very, very windy day, like 35 mph. I put some tinks in an intersection of two draws. About 2pm that afternoon I see a buck coming upwind, I could tell he had a purpose. The tinks wasn't right in the middle of the littel draw it was kind of on the side of the hill a bit. He was walking right up to the tinks. He busted me when he was about five feet away from the tinks. Luckily, he went right into my only good shooting lane!
It's not going to work all the time, but it does work! No doubt. The stuff I was using was the gell.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 AM

Been using Tinks for alot of years. I have mixed feelings about it though. Last year I found something that worked really well though. Doe In Heat Candles. I bought them on Ebay just figuring it would be something to mess with and to my surprise they worked very well. I bought 3 more for this years season.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

At one time I think Tinks worked very well. Just my opinion but I think the same thing that happened to RUT happened to Tinks. Success at sales brought on the manufacturer diluting the contents. Tinks IMO doesnt work nearly as good as it used to.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had no luck with " Tinks " I like to use " Cronks ", " Foggy
Moutain ", Or " Indian Brand " up here. " Tinks " just doesn't seem
to have it.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think scents are hit and miss, just like rattling/calling. It all depends on the mood and the situation. I've had times that I've put scent out in a cannister, walked 20 yards back to my tree and started climbing and had bucks bust me. Other times, had them walk directly downwind of it and never even turn to smell.

Of all the lures, I like tinks and Bob Kirschner's line of products. He's a local guy here in PA and makes some great stuff. I used his last year to make 2 mock scrapes behind my house and the bucks rip them apart every night after I doctored them up.