Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA ARTICLE IN OUTDOOR LIFE >

WHA ARTICLE IN OUTDOOR LIFE

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA ARTICLE IN OUTDOOR LIFE

Old 08-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WHA ARTICLE IN OUTDOOR LIFE

All he needs to complete his herd of misfits is a Crotchetty Old Fart Non-Moderator.[&:][8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

tsoc, I am going to include this thread among those links grouped together in my post.

Very, very disgusting, to put it plainly. And remember how Washington Hunter called out one of the Farbman plants in our dialogue when I used a religious analogy to make a point? That posteracted like he didn't want to hear or see anything linked to religion -- even if it was just an analogy to make a point. WH nailed him on it right away, and rightly so -- especially after hearing this idiot Farbman trot out this "visionary" concept.

Guys, we have indeed won some battles -- and I've been proud to have been on the front lines with you. But... there is still a war to be fought.
Greg, you're absolutely right. The war is far from over.

I won't be satisfied until the WHA is a thing of the past, and as it stands now it is still a very big problem we have to deal with.

Until we can refer to Farbman's vision in the past tense, I won't be happy.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

A link to the Outdoor Life articles:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/hunting/article/0,19912,1290970-1,00.html
Old 08-24-2006, 09:00 PM

This is taken directly from the article;

“I think you’re going to see real changes in the way the world will look at hunting,” says Farbman, who imagines hunting trips for kids, women and the physically challenged. “Are we here to make a profit?” he asks. “Yes—shoot me. But that’s not the objective. This is to build the whole industry and to raise the image of hunters.”

Well at least I can agree with Farbman on one thing -- this will definitely change the way the world will look at hunting. Too bad thats about as far as the agreeing goes. This is going to pervert our sport, its going to be nothing more than another reality TV, pay-per-view, stereotypical, drama fest.

It honestly makes me sick to think that this may really be allowed to happen.

The second biggest thing I had a problem with was this;

“I didn’t come to do this as a venture,” he says, shifting to thoughts that the WHA is inspired by a higher calling. “I did it because I believe it’s God’s vision, and we’re going to carry it out.”

Again, God's vision? Give me a break. Show me in the bible where God said unto Abraham, let the animals be killed for monetary gain. Makes me want to puke. [:'(]
Old 08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is to build the whole industry and to raise the image of hunters.”
I think this is what it all boils down to for me. I've seen fellow HNI posters ask why I see this differently (the question was posed to the general populace) than some of the other events already in existence (e.g., Drury's Dream Season, etc.). This quote, as posted above by WH, sums up what irritates me so greatly.

Are there other high-fence hunting operations? Yes. Do other shows sometimes have a competitive format? Again, yes. Is there money or fame to be gained? Possibly.

Here's the difference:

THEY DON'T CLAIM TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF OUR SPORT AND INSIST ON SPEAKING FOR ME AND THE REST OF MY HUNTING COMMUNITY BRETHREN!!

Doing so mandates that I place this Farbman character under a microscope and examine his intentions, and I don't like anything he stands for or proposes.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

I think this is what it all boils down to for me. I've seen fellow HNI posters ask why I see this differently (the question was posed to the general populace) than some of the other events already in existence (e.g., Drury's Dream Season, etc.). This quote, as posted above by WH, sums up what irritates me so greatly.

Are there other high-fence hunting operations? Yes. Do other shows sometimes have a competitive format? Again, yes. Is there money or fame to be gained? Possibly.

Here's the difference:

THEY DON'T CLAIM TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF OUR SPORT AND INSIST ON SPEAKING FOR ME AND THE REST OF MY HUNTING COMMUNITY BRETHREN!!

Doing so mandates that I place this Farbman character under a microscope and examine his intentions, and I don't like anything he stands for or proposes.
Here, here!Well put, master jedi.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's the difference:

If I could I would give you a HRAOP award!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey guys.....I agree that our sport is sort of a sanctuary. Maybe we don't want our life's passion to be treated like other sports. Maybe.

But.....playing devil's advocate.....

There's likely people who feel JUST as passionately about the sport of football.....as we do about ours. If you treat "hunting" like a "sport"......then what's the difference if you have cheerleaders or not? Crowds?? Glamour????

"I" (now, me personally) think the problem "I" have is that I don't view hunting as a "sport". It's MUCH deeper/more spiritual/more lifestyle than that, for "Me". In that regard (and in that regard, only)....do I have a problem with what Farbman's doing. There's likely a LOT of people that aren't into hunting.....that may want to try it after seeing this show (remember all the golfers that Tiger inspired??????). Do we want all of them in our "sport"? I can' tanswer that one for you.

Just a different way to look at it.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who are the current sponsors of WHA? That seems to be the only way that we can combate this ridiculous idea.

Lets keep the letters flowing!

Tom
Old 08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

what gets me is how he criticizes boone and crockett andthe ideas of "big deer contests" at deer camps, its not like were playin for hundreads of thousands of dollars there plus if one guy shoots a nice 8 point im certainly not goin to pass up a smaller deer just to try to win or get my name in some book, a trophy is a trophy to the guy who gets it, i hunt had as many days as possible and i'll be damn proud of a smaller 6 point i shoot on the last day regardless

Quick Reply: WHA ARTICLE IN OUTDOOR LIFE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.