Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot both the Montec and Stingers to compare >

Shot both the Montec and Stingers to compare

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot both the Montec and Stingers to compare

Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot both the Montec and Stingers to compare

As some of you know I had an issue with the Montec's being louder than my Muzzy's when I switched. So I thought I'd compare them to what most of you had recommended..

So I bought some Stingers and shot them up against the Montecs, back to back over 15 times each.

You know I could hear them both "cutting air" and I could tell that both of them were very accurate. In fact they both were consistant inside a couple inches just about every shot.
However I think the Montecs just had a bit more noise that pretty much sounded like a little bit of a wistle..
But it's not a huge difference and since the Montecs actually fit on my Axis arrows better I may just hunt with those first.. But I'll probably try both of them this year to see if the deer can tell a difference.. Which I highly doubt..

Just thought I'd share...
Old 08-16-2006, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Shot both the Montec and Stingers to compare

Thanks for the work. I suspected they would be neck and neck....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks...two great heads.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 PM

Thanks for saving me some time and money! If you recall I had heard the same sound as you with the Montec's. Just curious what your thoughts are between Muzzy's and Montecs?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:24 PM

i shoot the magnus and i don't hear any difference over my field points... maybeyour bow is out of tune??
ps. broadheads don't make noise, and even if they did it would be too late for any creature to get out of the way...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Bow is in Tune as far as I can get it, looks great on paper and shoots well among other things. The Muzzy's didn't make any noise from what I can remember.. But now I'm paying attention and when I shot those I really wasn't along with the fact that when I shot those I wasn't shooting Axis Obsession arrows either..
I've heard a lot of others complain of a slight wistle with the Montec but I don't think it's enough to matter. But I do notice it now that I've paid attention. I'm going to keep both kinds and probably use both kinds..
I tried to video when I did this so I could put up a sound bit for all to hear but it didn't work right.. sorry....