Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anything else compare?? >

Does anything else compare??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anything else compare??

Old 01-24-2008, 07:32 AM

Default Does anything else compare??

Last Sept. at my last bass tourny of the year a guy asked me if I was going to fish any tournys in Oct. I told him nope, and he said "why", I said, "you really need to ask me". He said "what are you a bowhunter?" I said yep. He said, "you really give up catching a bass to kill a deer?' I said "Gladly" "nothing compares to bowhunting in my book"...he just shook his head and said, " you guys are a different breed" I said "yes we are" ...does anything else even come close to bowhunting in your book??
Old 01-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Does anything else compare??

Unless it's somehting with my family.....I haven't found it.

I had more fun bowhunting deer in '06.....than I had in all my previous years of hunting....combined. That's the truth.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Bartender

Concur
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Unless it's somehting with my family.....I haven't found it.

I had more fun bowhunting deer in '06.....than I had in all my previous years of hunting....combined. That's the truth.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 AM

Huh maybe thats why I get funny looks when I say bowhunting is my form of relaxation? LOL! People ask me how can it be relaxing sitting out there all day in the elements being cold wet and rainy, and then stressing over scent control and everything to walk away at the end of the day with nothing and enjoy it. Because no matter if I see anything or not there is always something I take from every hunt as a memory. I can't fully explain it but just being out there in GOD's woods enjoying his creation, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, just focusing on hunting and hunting alone, wipes all those daily stresses away. Like I told my ex-wife. I will always have hunting, you will not always be here. LOL Huh maybe thats why she's my EX-WIFE. LMAO!!![8D]
Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be honest I’m REALLY glad that prime smallmouth fishing and bowhunting don’t conflict. I’d be a bit torn. I love it when a big old hawg slams my lure, breaks water and the battle begins. I know a lot of guys talk about fall bass fishing & that it can be pretty good. I never really gave it a shot. Couple trips on Sundays since our state still has dumb laws, but those days are gone now that I go to ohio.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Texas, about the best largemouth fishing of the year is October, and that's the same time as our bow season. Hunt in the morning, fish all day, hunt in the evening. Don't git no better'n that.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Vabowman, I have been obsessed with bowhunting ever since I was in grade school. For years if the season was in I would not miss a single day for anything. The weather couldn't stop me nor could anything else. I have chilled some althoughI am still pretty hardcore, but if its not going to be fun I won't go. I asked my sister this past Dec. if her Husband was doing any Bowhunting and she replied he had been too busy.

I said: Yep, some people take responsibilities way too serious

Dan
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me it's a no-brainer, bowhunting all the way. I can't figure out why my hunting partner (who's father owns the property we hunt) won't get out of his boat come October and hunt with me. Oh well, now I'm going Turkey hunting with his dad come spring while he sits in his bass boat.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 AM

I hear ya Mean, outside of my faith and family, nothing takes priority over bowhunting. Well, I guess my job maybe. My dad asked me the other day when I was going to grow out of it, Im 32 yrs old and I told him when hell freezes over. He said at some point you gotta give it up and grow tired of it, I quoted an unknown author to him,
"When we can no longer draw bows,
when sinew has shrunk and bone gone
brittle,
we will hunt in our dreams because
hunting is part of our souls"

Author Unknown

Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm as ate up with DEERhunting as anyone..Dare I say, probably more than most.

That being said, I can turn it down to a simmer and enjoy April-Mid August and get aspassionatelyinvolved in Golf. I Also countinue to golf into the late summer and fall but my thoughts are often afield.

Quick Reply: Does anything else compare??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.